Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M1911 Hicap in cal. 40 S&W

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    B,
    You know as a base gun, your NP44 may be converted to cal 40. Makes it similar to and compatible with a 16-40 Para!
    Armscor's mag is even a good 17 rounder for the cal 40. Hehe I never thought of that before.
    bmag
    Last edited by bmag; 16th February 2008 at 18:31.

Posts liked by others

Multiple Calibers

Quote Originally Posted by bmag
    B,
    You know as a base gun, your NP44 may be converted to cal 40. Makes it similar to and compatible with a 16-40 Para!
    Armscor's mag is even a good 17 rounder for the cal 40. Hehe I never thought of that before.
    BMAG, If you're interested in multiple calibers, same platform, check out my creations in Para Photos pages 32 and 33. You might like it. I use the same magazine to shoot 38 super and 40 SW in my Para.

Posts liked by others
    Checked the posts and very nice too mstrblstr, thank you.
    What would be your new project?
    bmag

Posts liked by others
    No more projects for me. I actually sold my mill, lathe, bandsaw and other gunsmithing stuffs in Nov 05.We planned to move to Alabama in Jan 06 but changed our minds.

Posts liked by others
    Bmag, How do you convert the np44 form .45 to .40? What parts or items needed to convert it?
    Baldomero

Posts liked by others

OT: NP44 in cal 40

Hello bro, looks like you're smokin' serious on the NP44. Gosh, had you got it already?!
    Hehe. As far as I know: of course you will need the cal 40 bbl. I think you will need the rampless one. Then the extractor because the cal 45 one will not work for the cal 40 (although the cal 38 extractor will work according to an armscor merchandiser during the last gun show). Get a good gunsmith for fitting. THen of course you need mags. Unless I forgot anything else I think you're done. Armscor or SAM can provide you parts. If you prefer the bull bbl, you will need a reverse plug. Good luck, 1911s are great fun. Goodness, if I am right and you have all you need, its so easy switching from 1 format to another! Two guns in one, hehe. Enjoy...
    bmag
    Last edited by bmag; 5th March 2008 at 21:36.

Posts liked by others

me too!

i got one of those bro and it shoots like a dream. ive been competing on the club level with it. even with only 3 mags and the 14 round capacity ive been doing fairly well. hehe. yabang ano?only prob is the availability of mags. i did a few minor mods. changed out the front sight, changed the extractor to a caspian and had a magwell installed. pearce slim grips to hope to post a pic soon

Posts liked by others

45 to 40 conversion

You also need a 40 slide Bro, or you Tig weld the 45 breechface to make it narrower. And the tunnel of the slide has to be machined to accept the reverse plug (if you are doing the full length guide rod set up)

Posts liked by others
    thanks masterblaster,for filling what were missing.
    I think here at home SAM has all the parts for the complete upper set.
    bmag

Posts liked by others

my np48

trigger job, front sight fiber optic, magwell, memory grooves, caspian extractor, polished feed ramp and chamber, checkered front strap

[IMG]my norc.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast