Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 10mm 1911 magazines?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Which 10mm 1911 magazines?

I am planning to order a Fusion Commander in 10mm as soon as funds become available.

I have searched this forum for answers but cannot find one.

Who makes the most reliable, highest quality, "best" 10mm 1911 magazine?

I have heard a lot of good things about Check-mate's .45ACP 1911 mags but nothing about their 10mm mags.

What 10mm 1911 mags do you guys use and recommend?

Thanks.

Geoffrey.

Posts liked by others
    I have a dozen or so Colt factory Delta Elite mags that work perfectly.

ranburr

Posts liked by others
    I have a bunch of Springfield 10mm mags that all work well.

My favorites are the Wilsons but these were discontinued a long time ago. I'd buy used ones given the opportunity.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Thanks guys.

Any experience with Check-Mate?

Posts liked by others
    I can highly recommend both Colt Delta mags and Mec-Gar 10mm mags.
    The Colt Delta mags are very expensive from Brownells. The Mec-Gar mags can be purchased at a very reasonable price from Top Gun Supply.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I appreciate everyones help so far.

Still no experience with Check-Mate?

Posts liked by others

Wilson Combat 10mm magazines...

Friends,

Just so you know, Wilson Combat does currently sell a 10mm 1911 magazine.

I promise you, that if you call Wilson Combat and speak with a customer service rep, ( I speak with Greg ) you WILL be able to purchase 10mm magazines.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joel N.
    "Yog" (in Alaska)
    "Molon Labe!"

Posts liked by others
    I had a chance to inspect/use four Checkmate .45 mags, last Saturday, and was mightily impressed with them. If the 10mm mags are as good, then they should be first-rate. I've been using three Colt, and three Mec-Gars in my Delta Elite, and all have worked perfectly.
    "A grip safety is just another excess moving part. I have never known one to prevent an accident, and moreover, it is difficult to postulate a circumstance in which it might." Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    I've colt, shooting star and tripp for my delta. The tripps seem to work well though the last couple of rounds take a strong thumb.

I'd stay away from the shooting star mags (chip mccormick) and most gun show mags are junk.

BTW I've used Wilson 47D's with 10mm, nary a problem.. (several hundred rounds)

All in a Delta.
    "It's amazing how much "mature wisdom" resembles being too tired.", Robert A. Heinlein

Posts liked by others
    I own a Springfield Armory 10mm 1911 that I purchased new in the early 90's. I only have one magazine and I would like to buy another. Could someone tell me how I should go about getting another one.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast