Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Very Excited

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Very Excited

Hello all,

This is my first post and I am very happy to have found you all. I have been looking at getting into airsoft for training and bettering myself. I have not been able to find any information except from people who think they are a Delta Force operator and about 15 years old. I finally just went out and bought a Sig 229 type airsoft gun, figuring that I would just do my own pioneering. I posted info about it on several sites and in one almost started a flame war just because I used the word airsoft in a real gun forum. Here is what I posted.
    Airsoft isn’t that for kids? Let me explain how I came to airsoft. I spent time in the Military, private security, and then into Law Enforcement. After almost two decades I have found that the best training is force on force. Anyone who has experienced QUALITY force on force training will probably tell you that. My problem……money. To do simunitions training is expensive after the initial set up fee of somewhere around $400 a gun you then have to pay about 57 cents a shot (which adds up quickly). So I found a group of guys that were interested in paintball. We set up a course, but the realism was just not there. I did learn a lot from my paintball days. I learned that I stuck my elbow out to far and quickly learned to turn my elbows in, this was learned thru much bruising. I also learned how to use cover better and to my advantage. The guns were not realistic but the knowledge and experiences I learned are priceless.

Since I have a drive to improve and expand I have kept an eye on airsoft and have been very interested. I found one story interesting, a citizen of Japan, where it is illegal to have a handgun (must be crime free, huh?) practiced religiously with an airsoft pistol. He came to the United States and from what I understand, borrowed a real gun and competed in the Bianca cup steel challenge. He WON, beating out all of the top world class shooters.

I carry a Sig 229 R DAK everyday and want a clone for practice and training. After Christmas I took my Christmas money and went to a local airsoft shop. I felt very old there since I had at least a decade on everyone at the shop. I bought an airsoft clone of a Sig 229 R (they don’t make a DAK model). My impressions of the gun is UNBELIVEABLE! The gun functions, feels, and looks just like a Sig 229 R. The slide cycles after each shot and even locks back after the magazine is empty. The trigger pull is just okay. The slide does not have as much tension as my real 229 so when I holster it it has a tendency to have the slide to go out of battery. My M3 TAC light is one of the originals and doesn’t fit on very well, but the newer ones that go on like a claw fit well. The only real thing that sets it apart is that the barrel sticks out a little more from the slide and is painted a bright orange. As a side note I wish this thing was a totally different color since this thing looks real and if someone pointed this thing at me I would not hesitate to shoot them. I handed this gun to every officer that I showed it to with the slide locked back, grip towards them with the orange band covered. As soon as I handed off the gun the look on their face was fun to watch when they realized there was a bright orange barrel sticking out. Everyone believed this to be real till they saw the orange band and some still questioned that it wasn’t a real gun.

Back in my older days when I was on a TAC team I put hundreds of rounds thru my gun monthly. Now it seems like I never have the time or energy to pack everything up and go to the range. Now with this airsoft that will change. I have set a range up in my basement. I took a refrigerator box and cut a hole in it smaller then the targets I use. Inside I draped a towel across the middle. On the top front I put some binder clips where I can change out targets quickly. The BB easily goes thru the target enters the refrigerator box thru the cut out hole, hits the towel, and drops to the bottom of the box where I can easily collect them and reuse them. I can now practice drawing and firing, shooting on the move, from around cover, and from different angles ALL FROM INSIDE MY HOUSE. I can reuse the BBs so the only thing I have to replenish is the gas, which I am told will last about 3,000 shots for just $10. Filling the gun with gas is just like refilling a butane lighter.

My next step is going to use it for force on force training. I have taken shots with a heavy hoodie on and when I was hit I knew I had been hit but there was absolutely no pain. I then took a shot in the arm with a light shirt on and it stung but not as bad as being hit with a paintball.

As a firearms instructor this thing will be awesome. I plan on teaching my son how to shoot a pistol with it. My next purchase will be an airsoft AR-15. I have plenty of more to say, but this is already seriously too long. So if anyone cares to know more I will post more. This by no way replaces throwing lead down range, but it will definitely help.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I miss this thread. And welcome to the airsoft world. I am sure you will find it a very interesting pass-time. And a sure way to improve your shooting skills.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 25th January 2008 at 04:37.

Posts liked by others
    I want to get a good airsoft gun, I have several spring action ones at home that you have to cock each shot and my kids have stole a couple from me and ambush me after work. I need more firepower to balance the three to one odds!
    the gun is the only tool that makes a 98 pound woman equal to a 200 pound gangbanger

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    LoRL, get an AEG rifle, full-auto and single BB firing. Fun, is the word to describe it.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org