Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best OWB and IWB 1911 holsters

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I have bought three all the same width from Rafter S. I have a 1.75" Del fatti as well, but the double thickness isn't nearly as thick. I haven't measured the true width of the Del Fatti. I did put a ruler on the Rafter S, and it's right at 1 9/16".
    On mine I didn't even have to measure. You could see the difference. Like I said, may have just been an oddity.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    I have an Andrews Mac II IWB that I think is awesome. I really like the adjustable cant and the single belt loop. It allowed me to try many different positions to find what works comfortably for me. As to OWB...I have a Blackhawk Serpa, very good fit/quality and very comfortable. For better concealability I picked up a Desanti OWB belt holster at a gun show. I might have passed it up but the price was sinfully too cheap to pass up. Turns out that I really like it....I got a better deal than I thought I had.
    There ain`t nothin like the smell of burnt gunpowder in the mornin.

The Mans Prayer...."I am a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess". Quoted from The Red Green Show

Posts liked by others
    You should also check out the Milt Sparks OWB 60TK. I'm no expert but I find it very comfortable.

Posts liked by others
    Has anyone tried the milt sparks CC-AT? Curious about it as an OWB holster.

Posts liked by others
    Take a look at the Kirkpatrick "Texas Strong Side" holster. Well made. reasonable price and fast delivery.

Posts liked by others
    I've been very satisfied with a Bianchi Professional IWB as well as a DeSantis that I believe is called the Cozy Companion.
    I always carry with an IWB holster, and one problem is that you've got to use an untucked shirt or other cover. I have found a holster by Bearclaw that is designed so you can tuck in a shirt over it -- I have ordered one and hope it solves this problem. Anybody out there have one?

Posts liked by others
    I still like Sparks SS-2 and Kramers IWB #2 for leather.

An Alessi Talon worked very well for a pistol I no longer have.
    John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts liked by others
    I am partial to

IWB
    Alessi PCH
    SparKs VMII

OWB
    Alessi CQC/S
    Sparks Axiom

Just got a DelFatti LQ-S outstanding as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12