Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Firearms???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Fusion Firearms???

I've been a nighthawk guy for some time now and found myself stumbling across some 1911 custom makers and fusion caught my eye. The first thing I noticed was that the quality looks very good from the pictures I saw. The second was that most are around $800-1400 cheaper than most nighthawks! Can someone who has experience with both give me a honest comparision between the two brands. I'm hoping I've found a fantastic custom 1911 maker with a working man's pricing.

Hi

They have been selling component parts for 1911's for a while now. Their parts are first class. I have not seen one of their complete pistols.

Bob

Fusion Firearms are custom built by Bob Serva the former President of Dan Wesson. I have a longlside in 10mm. The frames and slides are forged carbon or SS and are made to Fusion specs by STI. The barrels are match grade SS. NO MIM parts. Each pistol is hand fitted. The pistol that I have is VERY ACCURATE. And the price point is very competitive. Bob will give you a quote to your specs. What is get is just what you want!!

I am sure - ummm positive that the pricing will increase as Bob builds the business for his new company.

As we have been saying - Drink the FUSION KOOL-AID - very very SWEET.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

What Longslide said. Fusion is Bob Serva and some of the former Dan Wesson gunsmiths making some 1911 goodness. No worries.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Take a look at some of longslide's "Kool-aid threads"-- he's having his...something like 6th Fusion tailored. Bob Serva, as I've heard, is about as affiable and friendly a man you can meet. His work speaks for itself-- and hope to contact him myself for some work.
    The personal fitting touches and turn around time are by far more economic on their parts than any other "custom" shop. I'd say they're the best kept secret to the industry aside from independant pistolsmiths like Miller. Eventually word will get out and we'll all be stuck waiting a year to get on a waiting list with Longslide takin up so much of Bob's time.

I'm about a heartbeat away from placing a order for at 1911 STI elite package, especially if the pricing is $1095 (price posted on their website)because that would be a steal for a gun of that quality. How long is the wait time from order till delivery?

Four weeks ago when I ordered my Fusion Bob told me 7-8 weeks.

<~~ Hoping to have a new longslide under the tree.

Thank you all for your input. I'll let you all know when I put my order in.

I recently built a 5" using about 85% Fusion parts, I bought a lot of the parts on his Ebay auctions (before they became gun parts nazis; now he's mostly on gunbroker and auctionarms) and have nothing but the best to say about them. I built on an Essex frame, the brand-new enhanced frame w/ a light rail (my serial number is 7000004, how cool is that!) with a Fusion slide w Heinie cuts. I used a few Ed Brown and Wilson parts too but only because I already had them laying around. The thing I like most about the Fusion parts is they were all slightly oversized and needed fitting, so this gun is as tight as a drum.
    Bob's service is second to none and the parts are absolutely top quality, you won't be disappointed!
    Last edited by kcshooter; 24th November 2007 at 10:47.

Fusion

I am currently building a 5" pistol from a kit I purchased from Bob. All of the parts ate top notch and are on the highest quality. Which ever way you go, you will have a top notch pistol. Bob is extremely helpful and they do great work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast