Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout a Holster Picture Thread...!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Rio Vista Slim Guest

I'm going to drag this thread (kicking and screaming??) back on topic.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I own this Galco Original ******* Shoulder Holster, made for 1911 style pistols. This is the older version, which allows the pistol to be carried "cocked and locked". Newer models only allow for hammer down carry. This holster is several years old, but has been well cared for and is an extremely comfortable rig. The pistol is a Colt Model 04691 Commander.

Just ignore the Smith & Wesson Model 686 Plus .357 Magnum in the center of this photograph. All three holsters are made by Galco. The left hand holster is that company's Concealed Carry holster, containing a blue Series 70 Colt.
    The right hand holster is the Concealed Carry Paddle (CCP) model with a stainless Series 70 Colt.

Posts liked by others

Holsters

I apologize for going off-thread.
    To make amends I photoed my 1 1/2 holsters.
    This old-school shoulder holster is a Bianchi X-15 w/S&W Gunsite pistol. The elastic chest band(?)/back band have long since deceased. I want to get it functional again;but may incorporate velcro and nylon webbing in place of the old stretchy cotton bands.
    Another pic of my VMII and McC. OACP.
    I forgot to put a knife in the pic!

Posts liked by others
    This is all that I wear now. A Beltster from Bandera Gun Leather. www.banderagunleather.com

"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints."
    Last edited by Auto Mag; 2nd September 2007 at 18:45.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by elijdub
    Cool looking Kydex Snakebit Nixon! Thanks for contributing. My hope with this thread is that we'll get to see a vast array of holster styles and (belt) combinations.
    Who's the maker...Tucker?
    This is a a CompTAC CTAC as someone else suggested. Sorry I forgot to include that bit of info. As for my belt, I use a an Aker belt that has an internal polymer strip for reinforcement. When buckled, the strip acts like a solid ring (imagine and old wagon wheel) and keeps the belt from twisting. It's the most comfortable belt I've ever owned on top of holding any holster securely.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a
    little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    _____- Ben Franklin

Posts liked by others
    Customized Springfield G.I. in Kramer leather

Last edited by hooks; 2nd September 2007 at 14:47.

Posts liked by others
    Heres a couple that I have posted before.

I have more, but no photos yet. Like most of us, I have a couple bags full of holsters I don't use much.
    Regards,

Tom

Posts liked by others

Old school

This one belonged to my Uncle.

"Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Posts liked by others
    This is my shark trimmed holster from Nossar Gunleather.

Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy.”

Posts liked by others
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...urrent=041.jpg
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...911sAlessi.jpg
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...amerMSP002.jpg
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...5BN60tk001.jpg
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ent=Nossar.jpg
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...Hideout002.jpg

Here are a few of mine for my 1911s, S&W 1006, 1076, 4566, Recon 9 and Shorty 40 and 45. Just last week sold all my VMIIs, MaxCons and a few others. Just can't wear the VMII comfortably and am sticking with Lou Alessi's PCH and Hideout, Alex Nossar's Valvoak and IWBII and the Kramer IWB#3 for IWB. OWB will be Lou's CQC/S, DOJ/S and DOJ which I have for every gun, Nossar's Pancake and Sport holsters, 5 Shot's SAP and Milt Sparks Axiom as well as Mike Taurisino's Shoulder Rigs. Nothing but the best for my "children"
    Last edited by torrejon224; 3rd September 2007 at 19:41.

Posts liked by others

Talking Can I join in??

This is the Wilson Tactical Assault. It's kydex but lined to protect finish, mag holders are Willson too.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast