Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caspian Pocketsmith

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Nice tool!
    but i wider range of hex-head pliers would have been the thing.
    What about a tiny one for the trigger-adjustment? but how often is that one in need for a adjustment...

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    After using this tool for several months, what I would definitely ask Gary to add, is locks for the tools, especially the knife and the file. This is something I really miss on the PocketSmith.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    A great idea, but for 50.$ the quality just isn't there, I've been using qualty U.S. made multi tools for a while like leatherman ect., and if you compare a 50.$ U.S. made leatherman to the over priced imported caspian you'll realize what a ripoff in quality it is, the first time I tried to use the file in an emergancy attempt to make a quick repair on my 1911, the teeth wore of by the 2nd or 3rd stroke like cheap aluminum instead of the hardened stainless the tool is supposed to be made of.
    A great idea but an overpriced-low quality tool, lets see a better effort Caspian, I'd pay even more for something made in the U.S. to better quality standards.

Posts liked by others
    heres another 1911 multitool that does have the multiple hex drivers as well as 2 diffrent bushing wrenches. http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/...roducts_id=212

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Try carrying the Versa-tool in your pocket and you will soon understand why it is not practical. It also misses the plyers, which even though not necessary in the 1911 world, they are very useful in other every day tasks. I have one, but it is always in my range bag.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by pat86323
    heres another 1911 multitool that does have the multiple hex drivers as well as 2 diffrent bushing wrenches. http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/...roducts_id=212
    I have the Versa Tool....more than adequate for my needs....and at $20.00 at a local gun show, I bought 4.... 3 to send to family overseas.

Posts liked by others
    I purchased one last week from Caspian and just in time for my new Caspian 1911 (custom) pistol. It works great and when I picked up my new 19ll yesterday, utilized the tool to disassemble the unit.

We all should get one...
    At the end of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Franklin was asked "Well, Doctor, what have we got -- a Republic or a Monarchy." According to Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, he replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it." So far, so good.

- Benjamin Franklin

Posts liked by others
    We all know Caspian makes the best frames and slides, so not hard to believe that this tool is simply of the same quality.
    At the end of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Franklin was asked "Well, Doctor, what have we got -- a Republic or a Monarchy." According to Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, he replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it." So far, so good.

- Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123