Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: SAM 1911 Elite?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

SAM 1911 Elite?

I have ended up with my Dad's "desk gun". It's a 1911 made by SAM and imported by Century Arms. Looking at Century's website it looks like what they are now calling the "Elite". It's a full size .45 with a flat top slide, the front and rear sights are both dovetailed into the slide. It has an extended slide release, extended safety, beavertail grip safety, commander hammer, target trigger, and a squared trigger guard. Slide fit is very tight and it has a parkarized finish with a couple of very light scratches from being in Dad's desk drawer. I know he took a handgun course when he bought it and I ran a mag of ammo through it just to make sure it works. I've found very little about these online, but nobody who has one seems to have anything negative to say about them, comparing them favorably with RIA. Anyone have any idea what this thing is worth? It's nice, but I still like my Hi-Power better (Yeah, I know. On here that makes me a Philistine.)

Thanks,

John

Posts liked by others
    Here in the Philippines it's around 18k+ pesos around $400+. The frame is 4140 casting but the slide os forged they say.

Posts liked by others
    Iain, the squared trigger-guard is commodore model named "scout", equivalent to commander model. I wonder why it has a square trigger-guard model full size coz the sam elite i have has a conventional rounded trigger-guard. Perhaps it was the early version of "elite" you have there. Here's the pics of my elite:

modifications:

1. royal blue finish (shiny blue)
    2. colt slide stop
    3. colt barrel bushing
    4. slide engraved with "colt" markings
    5. recoilmaster guide rod
    6. polished feed ramp
    7. trigger-job for 2.5 lbs.
    8. mahogany wood grip panel
    9. 30 LPI front strap checkering
    10. trigger guard "neckdown"

It's about 3,500 rounds old..and tuned for reliability..
    Last edited by gsis shooter; 17th June 2007 at 10:27.

Posts liked by others
    Nice SAM pistol you got there.. I got a SAM Alpha cal .40.

Posts liked by others
    How's the performance of your alpha kingphoenix? any misfeeds? I suppose it's a hi-cap 40 pistol, good for standard division IPSC..

Posts liked by others
    Sam pistols are literally junk compared to Amrscors and RIA. People usually buy them to just experiment with mods and then sell or dump them and buy the better ones.
    Colt made the 1911 tradition. Norinco made it more popular because of the price.

Posts liked by others
    i've just recently bought a SAM elite .45 pistol here in a gun show event. it's nice one. i'll place some pic later... Good Day.

Posts liked by others
    I am thinking still, what to engrave on my newly own assembled SAM Elite .45

I won't put any current brand name on it but instead will put something that will not duplicate any famous trademark.

Here is the picture of my newly assembled elite. It is 100 assembled by my self.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by niceone
    Sam pistols are literally junk compared to Amrscors and RIA. People usually buy them to just experiment with mods and then sell or dump them and buy the better ones.
    To my mind, I believed that both manufacturers are doing good. Armscor yes, they are more advance perhaps in their Technology or machines used in the production. They have CNC, and MIM capability of parts production I think. Another thing, they are ISO certified. SAM, the way I see it, their newly produced slides i.e. the elite are really hard 4140 billets. The only parts I bought from them that I think it is soft is the firing pin stop and sear spring.

When armscor pistols are not yet well accepted by the buying public their products were also ridiculed, till it was well accepted.