Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG 1911 Parts interchangeability?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

SIG 1911 Parts interchangeability?

Please excuse if this topic has already been covered, (I looked but did not see any), but my question is how many of the SIG 1911 parts are interchangeable with other 1911 variants? I heard that most were not and that is my biggest deterrent to jumping on the SIG bandwagon.

I had, and loved, a SIG 220, but the 1911 is a different animal.
    It's not a sin to be ignorant, but it is to stay that way.
    It's better to remain silent and have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and eliminate any doubt.
    Remember, you don't need to be able to run faster than the Bear, you only need to run faster than the guy with you!

Posts liked by others
    nope--just the extractor. everything else is standard 1911

Posts liked by others
    The SIG is actually a 1911 assembly from premium 1911 parts from name brand manufactures. There are no propritary parts on the pistol. (that I am aware of ) so all parts are / should be interchangable.

So jump into the SIG pool and enjoy. They are GREAT pistols.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Longslide
    The SIG is actually a 1911 assembly from premium 1911 parts from name brand manufactures. There are no propritary parts on the pistol. (that I am aware of ) so all parts are / should be interchangable.

So jump into the SIG pool and enjoy. They are GREAT pistols.
    except the extractor?
    Longslide, i have heard a lot of anecdotal stuff about broken extractors....is that issue resolved?? are there any 3rd party companies that make a replacement tool-steel extractor??

Posts liked by others
    That is a great question

I am not aware of who makes the extractor for SIG.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by aml
    except the extractor?
    Longslide, i have heard a lot of anecdotal stuff about broken extractors....is that issue resolved?? are there any 3rd party companies that make a replacement tool-steel extractor??
    SIG uses an external extractor. The MIM vs. tool steel debate does not apply.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    SIG uses an external extractor. The MIM vs. tool steel debate does not apply.
    THAT IS TRUE! but not for the reason you state!

MIM vs tool steel debate does not apply because SIG uses NO MIM.

I have heard NUMEROUS reports of broken GSR extractors....

The debate is, whether or not someone else makes a GSR extractor that is BETTER than the stock one....
    Last edited by aml; 20th May 2007 at 23:23.

Posts liked by others
    Caspian makes a replacement external extractor. I don't know if it's MIM or barstock.

Posts liked by others
    That is good intel. Thanks

Posts liked by others
    The new SIGS 1911 are not made from other manufacters parts. Still no Mim parts are used. The new 1911 are all SIG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast