Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drop in grip safety,hammer??

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

drop in grip safety,hammer??

Who make's 'em? Thanx,gang.

Posts liked by others
    “Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

RIA Tactical RIA C.S. Steyr M9-A1

Posts liked by others
    Wilson Combat has good drop in beavertails. I had one for my 1911 and it comes with instructions, which I failed to see but I digress. They look awesome on the RIA's and look even better with a commander style hammer!!

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hisnhers1911
    Wilson Combat has good drop in beavertails. I had one for my 1911 and it comes with instructions, which I failed to see but I digress. They look awesome on the RIA's and look even better with a commander style hammer!!
    Can you fit one with a spure hammer???
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Yes, but you have to take a little of the hammer for it to be able to fully cock.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Can you fit one with a spure hammer???
    Well, its a long story about the whole thing, but it will fit with the stock hammer, except to let the hammer down after clearing it you cant ease it down, you have to just pull the trigger and let it fall cuz the hammer is just a tad too long. you can also fit a commander hammer with a stock grip safety, but same problem (and it looks awful)

Also, well at least on the beavertail I had, there might be a bit you have to take off the notch for it to fit. Dont take too much (stupid gunsmith but I digress.) Then you'd be out a $35 part.

Nic

Posts liked by others
    just put a wilson drop in beavertail in last night and it fit with no modification. I might fit it to the frame a little better but it seems to do the job just fine now. As far as the hammer I just cut some off the end (I am cheap and I dont like the look of the other hammers). All in all it was a very easy process.

Posts liked by others
    Semaj,
    Which Wilson drop-in beavertail did you use? They have different ones for different style 1911 frames. I want to get one for my RIA 1911A1.
    "I guess we should thank Obama, he has put every business involved in the gun industry in the black!"

Posts liked by others
    Wilmont you are going to want the 429BG (Blue) or the 429SG (stainless steel). Here is the link on the wilson site: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_beaver...afeties_di.asp

Here is the link to their fit codes for the types of pistols you will notice that the
    RIA's seem to be in catagory A.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/info_fit_codes.htm

I bought mine straight from wilson even though the shipping was rather steep to ensure they sent me the correct part. I was not feeling lucky enough to monkey around with anyone on e-bay or anywhere else. It cost me I think between $40 and $45 when it was all said and done.

Posts liked by others
    I have had great luck with MidwayUSA
    “Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

RIA Tactical RIA C.S. Steyr M9-A1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast