Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Beware of fake Wilson extended slide stop on eBay

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Angry Beware of fake Wilson extended slide stop on eBay

I bid on and won a "Wilson" extended slide stop from a dealer on ebay. I received it this morning and upon opening the package it was obvious that it was a piece of junk. I called Wilson combat to let them know that this guy was using thier name to sell parts. They said that there was nothing that they could do because he wasn't using the WILSON COMBAT name, only Wilson. Like the guy at Wilson Combat said "buyer beware". I emailed the dealer and requested my money back and voiced my opinion about his business practices. Still haven't received a reply. This is just to let everyone know NOT to buy parts from a guy in Alaska selling "Wilson" parts.

Posts liked by others
    If you notice, he also sells other "name" parts. This one of the reasons e-bay doesn't like to deal with gun parts (too many compaints). What is more enticing a "Colt .45ACP Slide" or "a 1911 style slide from Brazil"?

IMHO, ebay is not the place to buy gun parts.

Posts liked by others
    Ahhh, the famous Wilson Pickett extended slide stop.

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Please be careful, where you post your threads. This was in a forum, which is reserved to discuss 1911 pistols made by Wilson Combat. I moved it to the Parts forum. This time you didn't get a warning, since you are a new member, and I understand you didn't do it on purpose, but please be more careful in the future.

I also made this thread sticky, so that it always remain at the top of this forum for members to see and beware and edited the title accordingly.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Hey John, just a thought.

How about a retail deals and feedback section, maybe in the flea market. It could be a clearing house for us to post stuff like this and for us to post about good deals we found online.

Posts liked by others
    Ah, reddogxx@redrivernet.com ph# is 1-907-479-0877. If you wanted to talk to him personally. His name is Paul Hadella.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce P.
    Ah, reddogxx@redrivernet.com ph# is 1-907-479-0877. If you wanted to talk to him personally. His name is Paul Hadella.
    Isn't that guy famous on a bunch of forums?

When AWB was in effect he was peddling standard capacity mags. I seem to recall lots of posts where people had problems with the mags not being as described.

Posts liked by others
    Actualy I started a fuss about him on the magazine thread, its posted as a sticky. Nice guy to talk to just no scruples.
    BTW he doesnt know much about brands of mags, got some metalform mags from him that are probably usa mags they are not marked in any way, oh well at least they are NEW.
    Last edited by Bruce P.; 24th February 2005 at 15:27. Reason: add info

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc
    Hey John, just a thought.

How about a retail deals and feedback section, maybe in the flea market. It could be a clearing house for us to post stuff like this and for us to post about good deals we found online.
    Great idea, I'll try to have it on line by tomorrow.

Tnx
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Cool

I seen this joker on e-bay all the time its like reddoggxxx also has a bad repitation on other 1911 forums, I have found good deals on gun parts on e-bay my coco bolo grips came from e-bay also I bought 5 wilson combat mags on there too. just look for the blue card that comes with all wilson combat parts.