Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainier 200 gr RN

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Rainier 200 gr RN

Has anyone loaded the Rainier 200 gr RN in .45? Rainier's web site lists this as one of their products, but no loading data. I've used HP38 with good results with their 185 gr FP .45, and 200 gr SWC .45. I did email Rainier, they recommeded a max load of 5.9 gr of HP38, but no starting load on the low end.
    Last edited by Eagle45; 16th June 2004 at 18:45.

Posts liked by others
    Hey eagle 200gr RN Rainiers. I use 5.4grs 231 (same powder as HP-38) hope this works for you. Very accurate in all my SA pistols.

Posts liked by others
    jacket is like paper on their bullets. I threw them in the garbage.
    'you know Rico, the only difference between the good guys and the bad guys is we are better shots"

Posts liked by others
    Accurate Arms has data for Rainier TCJs. Try them.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Posts liked by others
    I have tested 230 Rainer - 4.8 231 at 675 fps was accurate, but when I stepped it up 720 fps with 5.1 231 I lost accuracy. 4.5 Bullseye at 720 fps was accurate. Fired in 5" 1911.

Posts liked by others
    I have used the Rainier quite a bit.I load 7.1 grains of Unique behind it and get about 950 fps out of a Kimber Grand Raptor II. The jackets are **** but they are a cheap plinker and accuracy is good. I like the Unique as it fills the case pretty well.Its a fairly potent load and would not go much higher.

Posts liked by others
    Gents, if I'm not mistaken, Rainers are plated not jacketed (similar to Berrys).

Posts liked by others
    Althoulgh I have'nt tried the round nose from Rainer or Berrys I have tried both of there swc's. Weight varies more than .5 grain for both. As others mentioned the plating is very thin and leads the barrel after 75 to 100 rounds. I've switched to Extreme bullets from Dayton, NV [Carson City,NV]. Much better products. I live not too far away so I do'nt know the shiping cost. Mike.

Posts liked by others
    Hmmmm Leading from a plated bullet. Thats interesting. I have been shooting rainier's for 2 years and have not experienced that. Are you loading them hot?

Posts liked by others
    Hi Dziamski. No, 4.0 grs Bullseye or 3.8 grs Titegroup. My Wilson stainless barrel has very sharp edges on the lands. I've used Brownells bore polish which helped but did'nt stop the problem completely. Even the 200 gr Xtreme plated that I use now will leave a little lead after 300 to 400 rds. If you get a chance try the Xtreme bullets. Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast