Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How do you shoot a "double tap"?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks Frank as a matter of fact there is one group very close, I'll see if I can get some info. I'm also planning to go to Tiger Valley later this year for some formal pistol training, really looking forward to it.
    Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous. "Murphy's Rules of Combat"

Phil
    NRA Member
    Vietnam Vet

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornerangerboogie
    ...I'm also planning to go to Tiger Valley later this year for some formal pistol training, really looking forward to it.
    An excellent plan. I'm a firm believer in formal training. I think you'll enjoy it.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    I guess the theory is that if you are reloading, your gun is out of commission -- even if for only a short period of time. Tactically I suppose it's best to avoid being out from behind cover with a temporarily inoperable weapon, if at all possible.
    I generally split the difference on this one. If I'm the active shooter (thus forcing my oposition to be the reactive shooter, or shooters) and I have a very good feel for their position relative to mine, then I may reload on the run, provided that I have chosen a path that will at no time allow them to engage me while I can't shoot back. Understandably that doesn't happen very often, and I usually don't like to take my eyes off them for more than a second since if I can't see them, I can't know for sure where they are or what it is they are doing. So I usually reload as fast as I can behind cover with half an eye out for movement.

Matt

Edited to remove a spurious PS that somehow crept onto the post.
    Last edited by Matthew Hutchins; 7th April 2008 at 13:19.

Posts liked by others
    Lurper, the range looks very much like Ben Avery, is it?

Posts liked by others
    Other side of town, it's Rio Salado Sportsman's Club.

Posts liked by others
    ok, has to be Practical range 3 or 4.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456