Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Check-Mate Magazines

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Check-Mate Magazines

Hello everyone! Let me introduce myself, my name is Jackie and I work for Check-Mate Industries doing Business Development. I was recently contacted by a representative of your forum. As some of you already know; I have posted on a couple other forums as an attempt to get a better understanding of how CMI can make our magazines even better. It was agreed upon, that the best way to improve all of our product line is to listen to what the men and women who use our magazines everyday have to say. Please let us know what you think of our 1911 magazines, any likes or dislikes. The information you give us will only help us to make a better magazine for you.
    I will be happy to answer any questions I can, however please understand I am only one person and I will not be able to respond to everything everyday.

Posts liked by others

USGI-style tapered lips

If Check-Mate would produce magazines with the original USGI-style fully-tapered lips and followers made in accordance with the original blueprints, sales to this forum alone would almost certainly justify the tooling costs.

Is Check-Mate an OEM supplier to Colt for magazines? Because if you are, I'd like to be able to purchase seven-round, dimpled-follower Government-size magazines with semi-tapered lips without having to pay a premium for the pony stamped on the bottom.

Finally, thanks for seeking our input.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Jackie, first of all, welcome on board, we do appreciate your company.

The person who contacted you earlier today, is known here as Hawkmoon, and he is my representative in US. If there is anything M1911.ORG can do for you, please let me know.

In the mean time, I've given you "Industry Representative" rights, which basically means you can post in the Industry Announcement forums. Also, please keep in mind, that if you have a Press Release or a new product announcement, you can send it to me, and I'll make sure that it is published in our E-zine.

Again, welcome on board and best regards
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Welcome aboard. It is always a pleasure to have a company representative available. Thank you for picking this forum. Have a nice day and a wonderful week.
    Preston

Posts liked by others

Check!

Just subscribing right now. Will be back later...but I will say that your willingness to listen and respond to pleas for proper magazines is...Outstanding!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiru
    If Check-Mate would produce magazines with the original USGI-style fully-tapered lips and followers made in accordance with the original blueprints, sales to this forum alone would almost certainly justify the tooling costs.
    In the past we were contracted by the government to make this magazine, currently we have none in stock but are considering restarting production on it.

Is Check-Mate an OEM supplier to Colt for magazines? Because if you are, I'd like to be able to purchase seven-round, dimpled-follower Government-size magazines with semi-tapered lips
    Our customers would proffer us not to disclose this information. But I can tell you that we do manufacture the 7rd with the dimpled follower government-size magazine with the semi-tapered lips.

With respect to buying from us.... we try not to sell in quantities less then 50.

John, Shamrock404, and 1911Turner… thank you for the warm welcome
    John- thank you for allowing me ‘Industry Representative rights’ I fully intend on taking advantage of them. Also if all goes well with respect to knowledgeable input your members provide me with, and CMI’s ability to meet any request those individuals might have, I’m sure there is going to be a lot of news coming your way soon.

Thanks again

Posts liked by others
    Welcome i'm sure you and can get a bulk buy from some of us for amounts over 50 if you makie the mag everyone has asked for so far ..

Posts liked by others
    It was indeed I who contacted Jackie, following up on a thread on ... another forum (ahem). In that other thread she stated that Check-Mate doesn't do direct sales of individual magazines but they do sell in bulk to non-OEMs. "Bulk" meaning orders of 50 or more. I asked her if they would entertain group buys coordinated through one of our members and she said they would.

What I did not ask, though, is if that would have to be 50 of the exact same magazine, or if they could be a mix & match assortment totaling up to at least 50 magazines.

Jackie also said that when they accumulate some extra stock she will send us a couple of magazines for testing. What would y'all like to see tested? I guessed that most folks are primarily interested in the full-size platform, so I suggested doing a head-to-head of a 7-round magazine against an 8-round magazine. Does that sound like a plan?

Welcome to the forum, Jackie, and thank you for following up so quickly.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Welcome Checkmate hope you have a thing for the 1911 like the rest of us so you will enjoy being here and are as dedicated to customer service as the folks at RIA are "every company in todays world could learn a great deal on how to treat their customers from thepresAPI/RIA and Ivan".

Just wondering is this your company ?

http://checkmateindustries.thomasnet.com/

Lastly since no one else has asked how much are say 50 of your 7 round magazines with the dimple in stainless CM7S and O say these 8 rounders #CM8S also does # 14321 have a dimpled follower and price for 50 please ?

What sort of warranty do you have on these products ?

No offense but if this is the correct website and your products you do yourself "or perhaps your Boss does" and your products a great disservice by not having quality pictures and pricing of those products .

I know for a fact I average over a thousand dollars a year spent in web and catalog purchases and have for a few years now and the more informative a website/catalog is the greater the chances I would do business with them . I did notice you have an 800 number , that is a great plus when it comes to attracting new customers who have never bought your products and may want information on them .

If this isn't the correct website , well mark me for a fool and disregard all of the above except for the first paragraph LOL !

Again Welcome .

Posts liked by others
    Welcome!

As one who is dealing with magazine issues, I would definitely be part of a group buy for 7rd with dimpled follower government-size magazines with the semi-tapered lips.

Thanks for your interest.
    EBK
    "...there's one in every crowd for cryin' out loud, but why was it always turning out to be me?" --- W. Jennings

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast