Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Daly/Bul high cap receiver

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Daly/Bul high cap receiver

After some web browsing, I discovered the Bul site one day as a reference to CZ clone pistols, and noticed that Bul made high cap 1911 type pistols as well. On their site they said they provided high cap receivers to people building up guns for personal use or competition. Then I discovered that Charles Daly was the American distributor for those guns. I went to their site and looked around but there was no mention of being able to buy the receivers.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the reciever from Daly, or do you have to buy a whole gun and modify it?

Are they fairly "standard" in construction and will they accept other "uppers" from various manufacturers?

What about magazines?

It seems like a good package to build up an IPSC pistol with if the parts can be had. It might be a fun project.
    You do not examine legislation in light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered. —LYNDON B. JOHNSON e pluibus unum

Posts liked by others
    I am unsure of what uppers can be used on them, but I think I recall that they use Para Ordinance magazines.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    The Bul pistols were popular some time ago here, as a cheap alternative to STI ones. The frame can accept any slide you like, they are designed to be that way. However, I do not see them any more here, so I am not sure how good they were. Sorry, I do not know what magazines they used.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Talking

Kimber's first run at polymer-framed 1911s used Bul frames. I'm not too fond of the thick trigger guard, but I imagine a dremel could remedy that easily .

Posts liked by others
    Justsomeguy

the CB Bul m5 is a great 45 based on the research that I have done. The ss frame rails insert in the polymer frame is well machined. The Finish is parkerized slide for the standard model and Plastic MSH. Bull Barrel and VERY accurate!

Here is the bad part. Mags are non existent. Para 14 will fit if they are modified - the mag catch hole has to filed out larger to catch on the bul mag catch. There is SUPPOSE to be a replacement mag catch from outfit in south africa I think that will allow the Para P14 mags to work with out filing them.

CD has NO MAGS AND HAS NO PLANS ON GETTING ANY. Kimber Ten I was made by Bul but Kimber is Out of stock on MAGS. If you are really interested in the BUL M5 - you may want to call Dawson Prescision and talk with them about how the STI mags can be modified to work. The top of the mag has to be recut - from what I understand - to work.

The other opition is to get a Kinber 10 II MAYBE!!!!

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    The other option is to abandon the idea all together. I mean why would you go to all this trouble, if you are going to have no support?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    John
    that is exactly what I did - abandoned the idea.

Posts liked by others
    I knew there was a problem with the mags, but I didn't know it was THAT bad. If CD won't sell you mags, what the heck are they in business for anyway? No one can use a gun with one mag! I had heard that they were just too darn expensive... $75 range, but if you can't even get them at any price then the gun, or frame, is worthless. Still, the frame itself or the entire high cap gun is a good bargain price wise, but not if you can't get mags for the thing.
    You do not examine legislation in light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered. —LYNDON B. JOHNSON e pluibus unum

Posts liked by others
    If you are seriouly looking at that style platform, you may want to consider the Kimber Ten II. I know that Bud's Guns (online) has or had some. I would call Kimber and check on the mag issue for them.

Posts liked by others
    for future check out
    www.marstar.ca
    they sell mags for the bul pistols
    $40 canadian for the 10 rounders
    c/d bul is not bad value for hi cap; not sure why c/d can't get any more mags for the bul