Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: newbie here and needs help

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

newbie here and needs help

hi to all! i just got my m1911a2 made of armscor wit parkerized finish.how do i maintain the finish?i do a range visit of almost once a month. i barely shoot my gun.the maximum number of rounds coming out from it averages to 150 rounds a month.anticipating my thanks to all of you guys.

Posts liked by others
    Parkerizing is hard to mess up, it might get a scratch or two, but you are not gonna stop that unless you treat it like a baby. Just keep it clean, and lightly oiled with the gun oil of your choice. Finish will outlast you if you do that.

Oh by the way, there is an unwritten rule here for noobs...

Posts liked by others

Wink thank you so much...

thank you so much for the tip sir....ha ha ha....i will post my "baby's"pix, as you wish me to treat it, as soon as i can....