Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells or Cabela's, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt Border Patrol

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Colt Border Patrol

Hi!

I was advised to post a thread of this particular revolver here.

Can this forum give me some information about this Colt Border Patrol in cal. .357 magnum ctg?

I cannot find any info in the books I have.

I have received some information on an other forum.

Give me a link if there are other forums where I can obtain background information.

Thanks,

lemppa

Interesting ... I've never seen one of those!

A quick Google turned up this about it, looks like it's a highly collectable weapon....
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...8/ai_112685772

there are other indications that this might be a 1952 issue made by colt

(I was on the colt commercial webpage today and ran accross a mention of a 1952 mfgd "Colt Border Patrol" SIC....

Hi!

I am full of sorrow to tell you that this Border Patrol dates from the early 70's.

The 1952 version of .38 Spl, made only about 400 or 500 pcs is a REAL COLLECTIBLE.

My BP is, on the other hand, sort of collectible because 5356 pcs were made blued and 1152 pcs nickel plated. This has been told to me.

I have received some info about its service use in the U.S. Border Patrol.

If some of you have inforīmation about its official use i would like to hear about it.

Thanks to all of you.

Regards.