Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Frame and Slide Sets?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

HP Frame and Slide Sets?

Hi there all,

I was replying to a post on another forum this morning and started some more of my "wistful" thinking about how nice it would be if someone started offering HP frame and slide sets that could be used to fabricate a "custom" HP like many of our 1911 fans and cousins above.

With respect to this endeavor, I sent an email to Caspian Arms a couple of months ago and recieved a reply from the president of the company indicating that they had no plans to manufacture any based upon a rumor that started on another forum.

Think of the possibilities of having someone manufacture frames in Stainless, Carbon and Steel frames!

Next on my list of people to contact is the president of KBI/Charles Daly and solicit his support for this cause. I believe that many of the new Charles Daly's HPs are made up of frame slide sets from FEGarmy of Hungary.

Think of the simplicity of fitting and building an HP!

It would be incredibly easier than a 1911!

Any takers?

Chris

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Charles Daly is producing a Hi-Power clone, so it should be easy for them to offer frame/slide sets. The question is "Who makes their slides and frames?", that's the people you should get in touch with.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Hi John,

This seems to be the object of much speculation. My guess is that it is FEGarmy of Hungary because Kassner Inc., aka, Charles Daly imported the FEG PJK-9HP.

However, we need to find out who is the US Import/Distributor is of date. It is impossible to email FEGarmy from here in the US as I have tried many times and so many others did on the old FNHipower.com forum.

Mr. Kassner was here in Myrtle Beach several weeks ago visiting with some local dealers and had lunch with the owner of the largest gun shop and range in the area. However, I was not privy to the meeting until 3 weeks after Mike Kassner visited the area. He may have been vacationing here in Myrtle Beach, SC.

I may try to send him a personal email and see if he responds.

Chris

Posts liked by others
    Think of the simplicity of fitting and building an HP!
    It would be incredibly easier than a 1911!

Hi Chris,

What do you mean by ..." it would be incredibly easier "...
    I believe it would rather be " as easy " or " as difficult ", according to what you want to obtain :
    - an enhanced, tuned, serviceable pistol,
    - or a race gun.

Best,

Red

Posts liked by others
    Hi Powers present different problems.........I'll stick with 1911's for building and buy my HPs ready to run. Good luck!!
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    I must be a true computer geek. Every time I see this thread title "HP Frame and Slide Sets" I keep thinking to myself "When did Hewlett Packard make gun parts?"

Sorry. It's been a long, slow morning.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    Because someone may make a faster processor for them!
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    ...........and yes you are!
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Hi there folks,

Let's see,

Given the following, it would be "somewhat easier" (I have to throw a qualifier in there), with frame cam installed, with the barrel bushing installed and of course given if there was a distributor that would offer "easy fit" parts.

Sorry Red, my enthusiasm this morning overtook me when I said "incredibly easier", i.e. fingers flying faster than brain over the keyboard! Let's put it this way and tone it down a bit, it would be as challanging as building a 1911".

Jodi, you are quite correct that building a HP would present an entirely different set of challanges in terms of fitting the necessary parts together. However, if you detail strip the HP and then detail strip the 1911. Which is more difficult?

Here is my "easy assemble/disassemble tool":

Tool in action!

Chris

Posts liked by others
    Chris,

The Browning GP (or HP !) is more difficult to disassemble to the last pin, notably as it includes split pins. I don't find the " new " extractor is notably helpful too. Anybody can strip a 1911 without too much attention while I've never felt skilful enough to do that with my HP. The HP is just easier to strip for field maintenance. But its guts hide some vicious tricks, unless you have 3 hands or a vise. But you are right, no bushing to fit, it's a great help.
    Also, as we deal with customizing guns : checkering a grip is not easy, but that of the HP, notably, is not a thin affair as we say here.

Red

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast