Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells or Cabela's, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Randall 1911 Service Model

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Question Randall 1911 Service Model

I have a Randall 1911 just got it like a year ago. I just want to know what it would go for if i was to sell it. Its a Service model and i could get the serial number. This gun for me to just too big to carry. I carry concealed on a normal basis and the glock and Sig i have do that just fine. Another reason why i want to sell it is because since i've had it i'll had problems with it just about every third time i shoot it. Whether its jamning, not feeding, not firing (a big deal when carry for work), and also when i chamber the round sometimes will fire that round as long as rest of the mag (happened once). I've had it gunsmithed and the gunsmith told me that the gun really wasnt the best made 1911 and to just get rid of it or im going to be puting more and more money into it. Has anyone heard of this... Well thanks alot for your help...

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, ask your smith how much he would pay you to take the gun off of your hands. This could indicate how much he wants the gun. Randall's are not that bad. If I remember, they did have a problem with "galling" of the stainless steel. You may put some hard earned dough into it, but it may be worth it.

Some people who have Randall's would not change for anything else. I would look at getting another 1911 and putting the Randall in the "use sometimes at the range" mode.

Now if you decide to throw it away, please tell me where your garbage can is.

Do you want to buy it? or know someone who does? I'm might be able to pick up a Springfield 1991 for a great price so i'm thinking of selling it... Anyone!

For the fun of it. (In other words, no promise). PM a price.