Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hogue finger grips

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

hogue finger grips

Does the Hogue grips with the finger grooves help or do they make the grip too fat?

Posts liked by others
    I like mine. Not too fat.

Posts liked by others
    Only thing is you have to try it, depends on your hand size and what feels right. I have a set on my full size because I didn't like the plastic thin ones, and I thought it was just about right. Then I got a micro with fat wooden grips and if I can find another pair for a full size I will get rid of the hogue wraparounds.

Posts liked by others
    I have them on a Kimber of mine and they feel great.

Posts liked by others
    I have them on my P14 and my USPc. Love them.

The grips on the P14.45 are a tad thicker than stock but don't affect me. Or my dad... My little sister found them to be a bit big.

The USPc (.40) has the universal slip on grip. It has palm swells that help fill the hand. My groups actually shrank quite a bit after I installed it. The back strap checkering was biting into my hand. With the rubber it grabs and sticks to the hand. Keeping it where it should be.

It isn't going to make you a better shooter by just installing it, but it helps keep your grip on the gun the same each time you grab it and help with recoil (which in the end can help your groups).

I'll have them for my Ruger MkII soon, too.

The grips aren't for everyone, but with the limited options that are available for the Para and HK, I'm happy with Houge's offerings.

Posts liked by others
    I have Hogue finger groove rubber grips on both of my AMT 1911's (GM and Longslide). I use the GM for IDPA and really prefer the finger grooves for positive location of my grip on each draw. I have small hands (for a man) and I'm very happy with the size (I'd actually like them to be a little thicker).

On my Colt Mk IV Series 70, I prefer the look of the stock wood grip panels on the blued steel. I went with the Pierce finger groove grip insert. The Pierce wrap-around rubber is installed and then the wood panels over them. It is not appreciably thicker than stock, provides the finger grooves, and looks great.

I want to upgrade the grips on my Springfield Omega. I'd like to get the Hogue wood wrap-around grips, but can't decide on which wood to buy.

I'd recommend either the Hogue or Pierce finger groove grips.

Matt

Posts liked by others
    thanks for the 411

Posts liked by others
    I think its personal preference and anatomy. I don't like wrap around grips. The Radical Concepts 2-piece rubber grips seem to shoot about as good as anything for me, but I have large hands and long fingers. I like the rubber grips that come on some kimbers these days. The Ultra Carry II is a fine piece in my book. I try to keep away from any gun display case that appears to have one, less I buy one without any real need for one. I don't like smooth grips either. Checkered wood is my second choice, but for a shooter, nothing beats the Radicals in my book.

I will add that anyone learning to shoot a M1911 should not try too many "crutches" such as big cushy grips. I think most people will do better in the long run by shooting stock grips until they can hit what they are looking at. Then there is a basis for experimentation that won't interfere with learning proper mechanics. Short cuts don't usually bode well for the novice. At least that's how I see it today.

Posts liked by others
    I understand about not using a "crutch" but I went ahead and bought the Hogue wrap around finger grips.
    I must say it is much better improvment and more enjoyable shooting.
    The better grip feel is outstanding.
    It just feels like a glove. I found the wood grips with the sharp checkering was wearing on my hand.

But to each their own. As you said, its a personal preference thing
    thanks
    sabre

Posts liked by others
    All depends some like um some don't.. Buy a set if you don't like um you can always resell them for the same price ya paid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast