Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Llama IXA Mfg. date?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Llama IXA Mfg. date?

How can I find the date of manufacture on my llama IXA?
    Thanks

Posts liked by others

Posts liked by others
    The year code marks on your Llama are near the trigger vanguard. Normally, they are in-between the proof marks...Look for something like V1, or X1, etc. usually a letter & number....If you post the code, my reference book will give you your d.o.b. for your Llama up to the year 2000....I'm guessing w/o your yr. code, but it will be in the late 70's...

Posts liked by others
    My Mod. IX-A doesn't have a letter code for the date of mfr. On the left side above the trigger is stamped 07-04. On the right side, about the trigger it is stamped 02562-95.

I am GUESSING that it was made July 4, 1995. Would that be a good assumption?

John
    For those who think the pen is mightier than the sword, they simply have never encountered automatic weapons.

Posts liked by others
    Yes John, on late model Llamas they incorporated the year of manufacture into the serial #. I have read that all Spanish pistols have proof marks (Italian too) and a date code. The more recent made Llamas, Astras and Stars have their stamps usually under their grips.

Posts liked by others

Proof Mark???

I can't find the proof mark. I have an IXA that I bought new in 1983 and as I consider it a collectors weapon, I'd like to know the date of manufacture. It's in excellent condition with less than 5 boxes of ammo shot through it.

On the top, front, right side of the trigger guard is a 'Y'. On the left side, on the bottom of the frame, just above the trigger guard are a couple of symbols, not legible; and what looks like an 'n.2'. The dot is not at the bottom of the 'n', it's about half way up. On the right side: "GABILONDO Y CIA VITORIA (ESPANA). Serial: A44 46*. Can/will someone help me with the mfg date? Thanks in advance,

Clev

Posts liked by others
    clev, some pistols are marked more clearly than others. Your proof marks should be on the left side of your pistol above the trigger, there should be three marks. One is a flaming bomb, then a symbol incorporating a letter with a crown , and a letter followed by a number. Llamas made during 1982 were marked B 2 1983 C 2 etc. Hope this helps.

Posts liked by others
    Clev:

Mine is a "D*2" with SN A49XXX. D*2 allegedly is from 1984 according to the collective information on this and other sites.

1983 should be coded C*2.

Was yours imported by Stoeger Industries?

Does it have wood grips?

Mine, pictured on the below post, should look just like yours.

Regards

Posts liked by others

MagnifyIt

If a D*2 is '84, then my n*2 must be......??? and I didn't think that could be correct. So, I got my rusty, trusty magnifying glass out, and even though the 'bottom of letter is not visible, the bottom right of it appears to curve which would form a 'D', making it an '84. But wait, I'm sure I bought it in '83. Just happen to have my original receipt: JUNE, 1985. Oh, well, I'm almost 60; hair's going, vision's going, mind's....well I won't go there.

This weapon shoots a lot better than my V10. I did have a little trouble with jamming, but a throat polishing and new extractor took care of that. I've read that the extractors are the weakest link of these weapons, and mine was in pretty bad shape.

Oh, BTW, I received a PM for using a forbidden word in one of my V10 posts; sorry about that.

Anyway thanks for all the help and conversation. I taken a few pictures of the weapon and another of original box, manual, receipt, and warranty card. BION, I'm a better marksman than a photographer; LOL.

OK. I'm looking for the button to insert a picture; can't find it. I found 'insert image' but when I click on it, I get 'text' line. What am I missing?

Posts liked by others
    I just found the link for img. directions and am reading it. Hopefully, I'll figure it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast