Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Thanksgiving
to all those who celebtate it.

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: how long does springfield warranty work take?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

how long does springfield warranty work take?

Anyone sent their 1911 in for warranty work lately? And if so, how long does it take to get your gun back? I may be sending mine back if the gunsmith doesn't correct the creeping trigger issue in my new GI.

-Joe

My fullsize loaded has been there almost 2 weeks now, but they said if I don't receive it by this Friday to call and see what the hold up is... so they apparently don't keep them long... I had the same issue with my trigger. Heck, the 2-stage triggers on my Enfield and Garand seemed smoother by comparison. Overall I love the pistol, and so far, I love their customer service...

Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

-Ashley Williams, The Army of Darkness

I've heard 2-3 weeks is average for warranty work. Custom work might take longer.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Quote Originally Posted by hirdlej
    Anyone sent their 1911 in for warranty work lately? And if so, how long does it take to get your gun back? I may be sending mine back if the gunsmith doesn't correct the creeping trigger issue in my new GI.

-Joe
    it took them a month to bungle the first repair attempt, 6 weeks on the 2nd. We are talking a Custom Shop Gun. Biggest piece of **** I have ever owned. Fit & finish was Llama quality. Not to insult Llama, because they do work. Good luck on your gun. I'll never own another.
    'you know Rico, the only difference between the good guys and the bad guys is we are better shots"