Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: Armscor/RIA Photo thread - Each post should contain at least one picture

Posts liked by others
    RIA.JPG

Here's my RIA FS 1911A1 slide and frame - barrel is Norinco chrome lined, hammer is AO, main spring housing Colt, grip safety AO, trigger AO, slide stop Kimber, thumb safety Colt 1911A1, barrel bushing Kimber, recoil spring plug Colt, sear, sear spring and disconnector Wilson Combat as well as pins, recoil spring and main spring Wolff's.

Posts liked by others
    Hello all. New to the forum here. Here's a pic of my RIA 1911 ROCK Ultra FS HC - 10mm. I’ve had it for over a year and have put about 1,000 through it. Love shooting it but didn't care much for the black parkerized finish. I didn’t want to spend too much money on it so instead of buying and replacing parts I just removed certain parts, removed the parkerization from it and nickel plated them. The only parts I replaced were the Black G10 grips with Grey Black Double Stack grips.

RIA 2.jpgRIA 3.jpg
    Likes (4) :
    budman3890 (1st January 2020), dartman (23rd July 2022), Ric4509 (24th December 2019), Spyros (27th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    RIA BBR 3.10 with modified faux stag Para P10 warthog grips and modified Para P13 magazine
    20210729_093922.jpg
    Likes (2) :
    dartman (23rd July 2022), John (2nd August 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Picked this up yesterday afternoon.

Rock Island 1911 FS .45 ACP Patriot Brown Ceracoat.

Walked down to my range this afternoon and rung it out a little. I put 150 rds through it with a mixed bag of magazines, Kimber 7 round, ACT 8 round(factory mag) and Chip McCormick 8 round. I shot mostly handloads with a mix of copper plated lead and my own hard cast bullets as well as a couple mags of my preferred JHP carry ammo.
    I experienced zero malfunctions

Fit and finish is very good for a pistol in this price range, a little better than the 2 older RIA 1911s I have. My only complaint, and it's nit picking some, is that the G10 grips are a little bit on the aggressive side for my soft hands. I will likely hit them very lightly with some 600 grit sand paper just to take a little of the bite out of them.
    Likes (3) :
    dartman (23rd July 2022), Gunslngr56 (6th November 2021), Murray (8th November 2021)

Posts liked by others
    My RIA.
    20210905_052448 (2).jpg
    You can see some bare metal on the thumb safety from me reshaping it to take the sharp edges off. The one on the right side of the gun would cut into the knuckle of my firing hand. Got some blackening goo from the 'net but haven't figured out how to make the stuff stay on yet. I may have to have someone black phos them for me. Polished the barrel, the lug and put a GI RSA in it.
    Settled on the stock wood grips as they seem to be perfect and I like the understated look of them.

PS: Yes, that's my idiot scratch on it. : (
    You may be the toughest kid on the block, but you'll never win a fight with an automobile.
    Likes (1) :
    LarryM (20th March 2022)

Last edited by Squibward; 27th February 2022 at 08:55.

Posts liked by others
    IMG_4762.jpg
    My small and solid rock.

Posts liked by others
    Thought I'd finally get around to posting some photo's. My RIA Target model as I bought it and as I used it with a NightHawk Marvel conversion. Trigger work by Rick Hebert http://www.rickhebert.com. Nice shooting pistol in either format.

Stu
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657