Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: what are you using for competition

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

what are you using for competition

Hi there
    Could the forum members post what model Kimbers they are using in competition and what type of competition the guns are used in, as well as how well they are performing.
    Thanks

Posts liked by others
    Well I shoot a Kimber custom stainless II with extended mag catch and magwell in USPSA limited 10. First certification 2 months ago as a C class shooter. The gun performs great. Its the shooter that has the issues!

Posts liked by others
    That is great to hear, that these kimbers are accurate enough for competition and you are having fun with yours. Does your Kimber have issues with different custom ammo or are you using off the shelf 230gr.

Posts liked by others
    I don't reload so I buy 230 grain off the shelf. Usually WWB from Wally World or something from Natchez. I have two of them (custom stainless IIs) and they eat almost everything. I did buy some CCI Blazer that they "choke on " every once in a while. It doesnt seem to be crimped as tight as all the other.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for being so forthcoming with the info, I am trying to do the same, basically buy a bunch of it when on sale, I have started saving the brass, but have no plans to load at the moment. I started with a used CDP I purshased that someone had put a magwell on it, it is a great shooter, my wife gifted me a gold match SS that I have not fired yet, maybe tomorrow....too bad it is dark now.... but really thanks for the info.

Posts liked by others
    Kind of funny actually. I've also been hanging on to most of my brass too. I have a friend that reloads. He has too many squib loads for me to use though. With the increasing price of ammo, I'll be buying a reloader sooner rather than later.

Posts liked by others
    Sounds like we are both headed the same direction, I still can pick up ammo for the 45 at around 160/1000, for that I think it is better than loading, but as things get up there loading makes sense, especially to do some custom target work. Funny that out of this whole forum only 2 people interested in competition of any kind.