Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt Gold Cup National Match

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt Gold Cup National Match

So I was in my local gun store today and I saw a fairly nice Colt NM, it was in pretty good shape with some very slight scratches here and there. It was rather dirty inside and out, they just test fire them they don't clean them. I found out it is from 1976, the grips are not the originals as is the Beaverton, it's a little longer, my question is what would this gun be worth, there asking $1099 for it with one mag, it also has the original barrel and bushing. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    Hard to tell without actually looking at it but $900 if the guts are good maybe.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I'd say $800-$900.

I can't see anything that can't be cleaned up.

It's worth $500 if it doesn't fire on target well. Any honest person would give you a 5-day money-back refund if it doesn't perform well.
    Colt 1911, S&W revolvers, Winchester rifles

Posts liked by others
    By the way here is my 79 which I bought new in 79. By this time Colt was using smaller roll marks. It is all original and has had a little over 3K rounds through it.

NRA Life Member
    Likes (2) :
    Mhanis (2nd August 2017), Vintage Racer (18th July 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I finally decided to get this pistol, they gun store wanted 1100 I wanted to give 900 we meet in the middle I got it for $985 so I put it on lay away, great thing for us older guys who are retired. I bought this gun mostly for a shooter and not adding to a collection, I know I could have bought a NEW Colt Gold Cup but I was wanting a gun from the 70's. Now i'm in the process of finding the proper grips for it and the correct beavertail, for now I will leave that in it it fits good in my hand, I appreciate the reponses and especially from Dakota1911 I enjoy your posts and your vast knowledge on these guns, Thank you. I should have it in about 3 weeks I will give my range results and new pictures later.
    Likes (2) :
    Coltsformysons (1st August 2017), Mhanis (2nd August 2017)