Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New in SoCal

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New in SoCal

Hi everyone. Just joined from behind enemy lines. Long time 1911 fan beginning with inheriting my uncles USMC WWII piece to current WC CQB and just acquired Sig C3 for carry. Yes - I have a CCW in CA.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

Classic collectible "USGI 1911s", full size "SIG Sauers" and "CZ" sport pistols have always been among my favourite guns.
    For the range I have mainly owned 1911s, CZs, and half a dozen SIG Sauers; great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the SIG Sauer P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
    I collected for years, then I realized that an ever-taller pile of guns made my life no happier, so I decided to take a hiatus from it, I started to thin my collection and decided to enjoy the too many guns that I already had in my safe.
    So no more new guns for a while, but since I'm still a big 1911 enthusiast I decided to keep my small collection of 1911s, and reserve mainly my P226 and the Shadow 2 for the range.
    With guns I love learning with enthusiasm something new almost every day.
    After more than 38 years of guns-ownership and reloading, I still enjoy shooting steel plates and going to the range at least twice a week.
    JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. I just added a CZ manual safety

Posts liked by others
    Hi, Rick. I'm in SoCal. I've got a Government Model, a Commander, a bunch of Hi-Powers, and one Sig. Where do you like to shoot?

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Mister Coffee

The Gun Range and American Shooting Center for handguns. P2K and Pala for long guns.

You in the coffee biz?

Posts liked by others
    I'm in the L.A. area. Looks like you might be south of me. But maybe we'll meet some day. I'm not in the coffee business, unless you count the coffee drinking business.