Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: P12-45 Ejector replacement, standard or ..?

Posts liked by others

P12-45 Ejector replacement, standard or ..?

So turns out my in addition to my extractor, it appears my ejector is broken. Does the P12-45 use a standard 1911 ejector or standard for an officier's model, or something different? Is the original an "extended" ? I've successful removed the broken piece, now I'm looking for a stainless steel to match my gun. I've seen some that required drilling, something I'm comfortable with. How difficult is this, considering this is my carry gun, should I find a professional to replace this?

Posts liked by others
    The P12.45 is essentially a double stack Officers ACP, so most likely it needs an Officers ejector. Beyond that, I have a fuzzy recollection that all para pistols used the wider, 9mm style of ejector. You might call Sarco and ask if they know -- they bought all the Para parts.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thanks I'll ask them. Haven't heard that name in a long time. Used to love their ads in Shotgun News.

Posts liked by others
    It's easy to determine if your gun needs a "9mm ejector"* or not: is the right flat side of the old ejector an even, flat side, or does it have a step near the rear? If the answer is yes, you need the "9mm ejector".

*worst part description ever, hence in quotes. Colt uses this ejector on ALL 1911s with a barrel shorter than 5", regardless of caliber.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter