Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Photos Problem

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Racer View Post
    First, I never accused John from not knowing how to post on Photobucket.
    You most certainly did. Who do you think is in charge of this forum?

This is from your earlier post :

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Racer
    The guys in charge here need to get a clue on how to post on PB.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Racer View Post
    John,
    I understand Photobucket as a business. You are a business.

Please show me where the customer did not agree to the terms on PB that first allowed them the right to post pictures forever?

You have the same rights over all of us from the legal agreement that we agreed to? We can do this forever?

Will you agree today to never charge us a fee?

I am not a beneficial owner of Photobucket or this site (just for the SEC guys).
    This is the difference between a business which respects its customers and a business which does not.

This site, the Home Page and the E-zine will ALWAYS remain free.

Photobucket had every right to stop its free hosting service. However, before doing it, they should have warned their customers that the service will stop. And they should not forbid their customers, from downloading their pictures and videos, after the announcement.

These practices show lack of moral, lack of respect for your customers, period.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Photobucket had every right to stop its free hosting service. However, before doing it, they should have warned their customers that the service will stop. And they should not forbid their customers, from downloading their pictures and videos, after the announcement.
    This is a crucial element in the whole, sorry saga.

Photobucket's terms of service state that the ownership of photos hosted on their site remains with the person who uploaded the photos and "owns" the account. But Photobucket (as established by their terms of service) retains a license to use your content (your photos and/or videos) as long as the content remains hosted on their site. If it's MY content, then I have a right to remove it at any time ... no different from putting my money in a bank, and having a right to withdraw my money at any time. Photobucket's site shows tools for downloading your albums, and for deleting your albums. But ... not long after they announced their draconian and extortionist new fee structure for "third party hosting," those tools stopped working. In other words, Photobucket is effectively holding its clients' content hostage. "You own it, but you can't have it back. (And as long as we have it, we can continue to use it however we wish, without any compensation to you.)"

Sleazy.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    John (Yesterday)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Well said!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789