Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Photos Problem

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I see a photo in your second post in the test thread. There's no photo in the first post, but it doesn't appear there was supposed to be one.

How do you know that no one else can see your photo? We have over 71,000 members -- have they all told you they can't see your photo?
    You're right there isn't any photo in the first post. This isn't the only forum that has issues with P.B. On other forums they can only see what photos I posted and past photos only if they're using the F.F. add-on that I know about, or maybe some other fix. All other folks I spoke with just see the obnoxious "Please update your account"
    From what I can see all forums I've been to, guns, cars, horses are all acting the same
    Last edited by hd-rider; 19th September 2017 at 16:10.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by hd-rider View Post
    You're right there isn't any photo in the first post. This isn't the only forum that has issues with P.B. On other forums they can only see what photos I posted and past photos only if they're using the F.F. add-on that I know about, or maybe some other fix. All other folks I spoke with just see the obnoxious "Please update your account"
    From what I can see all forums I've been to, guns, cars, horses are all acting the same
    The problem isn't with the forums, the problem is Photobucket. Photobucket is blocking the use of photos on their site being linked to by other sites -- such as discussion forums (like this one). This has been going on since June, and there has been a LOT of discussion about it, all over the Internet. This thread was created -- back on June 2 -- to inform our members about the problem.

There is an add-in for Firefox to get around the block, and there is a similar add-in for Chrome. I don't know if there's one for Internet Explorer.

To be clear, let me repeat: It is not this (or any other) forum that "has issues with" Photobucket. The issue is Photobucket. The reason all the forums you visit are acting the same is because Photobucket's block affects all forum sites the same.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    The problem isn't with the forums, the problem is Photobucket. Photobucket is blocking the use of photos on their site being linked to by other sites -- such as discussion forums (like this one). This has been going on since June, and there has been a LOT of discussion about it, all over the Internet. This thread was created -- back on June 2 -- to inform our members about the problem.

There is an add-in for Firefox to get around the block, and there is a similar add-in for Chrome. I don't know if there's one for Internet Explorer.

To be clear, let me repeat: It is not this (or any other) forum that "has issues with" Photobucket. The issue is Photobucket. The reason all the forums you visit are acting the same is because Photobucket's block affects all forum sites the same.
    I'm aware that it's a P.B. issue and I've been using postimage.org now for months. I'm also aware of th F.F. add-on but never used it and forgot about it until John mentioned it in a previous post.
    I wasn't sure what the add-on capabilities were, I mean would others be able to now see the photos that I posted after I installed the add-ons, I know now they can't.
    The F.F. add-on allows you to see what photos you post and removes the restriction on past photos

To be clear, let me repeat: It will only work if people have the F.F. add-on or some other fix installed. It by-passes the P.B restriction

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    The fact that you installed the add-on, doesn't affect other people. In order to see pictures in Photobucket, each one has to have that plugin installed in either Firefox or Chrome.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by hd-rider View Post
    I wasn't sure what the add-on capabilities were, I mean would others be able to now see the photos that I posted after I installed the add-ons, I know now they can't.
    The F.F. add-on allows you to see what photos you post and removes the restriction on past photos

To be clear, let me repeat: It will only work if people have the F.F. add-on or some other fix installed. It by-passes the P.B restriction
    The add-on re-enables viewing -- that's ALL it does. Your installing the add-on allows YOU to view images hosted on Photobucket. For you to have the add-on installed doesn't let anyone else see your images, or anyone else's images. Only people who have the add-on installed to their own browser can see images hosted on Photobucket.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Interesting email I got tonight from Photobucket.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 19.43.20.jpg

So, three million companies trust them for sharing their pictures! So I assume 3,000,000 x $400 = $1.2 billion. That's how much money they are getting from those 3 mil companies (if there are 3 mil companies that pay those money). That brings PB 1.2 billion US$ a year!

Now before this fiasco, PB claimed they had 100,000,000 members. If they were clever enough to ask each member for a $20 yearly fee, for third party hosting (instead of $400 they asked), they would have made 2 billion US$ and they wouldn't have messed up the whole internet.

How stupid can the CEO of the company be, to make that decision?

I'll be happy when I hear that PB is going bankrupt!

P.S.: They still haven't fixed their systems, I can't download all my videos from their servers. Files with .flv extension have disappeared! Their support is not answering emails any more!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    After using Imgur for the last several months, I wouldn't go back to Photobucket if they paid me. I too would be happy to see them go bankrupt after what they did to their subscribers. Karma.
    Likes (2) :
    John (13th October 2017), Joni Lynn (13th October 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Amen to that!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Likes (1) :
    Joni Lynn (13th October 2017)

Posts liked by others
    We have found on another forum that changing image links to “.jpg~original” seems to make the pictures work again...

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckRyder View Post
    We have found on another forum that changing image links to “.jpg~original” seems to make the pictures work again...
    I just tried making this change to a couple of posts in the Rock Island photo thread, and it didn't work. I encourage other members to try it and report their results.
    Hawkmoon

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast