Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Hoosier Here - Hello!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hoosier Here - Hello!

Hello members -

I have been a 1911 fan since the late 80's and started shooting them at age 16.

My first was the Colt Combat Elite in 1986. Alas I didn't keep it. But I have owned several 1911's over the years.

I'll try to put the in order chronologically...

80's vintage Colt Combat Elite .45ACP
    Colt Gold Cup Ult Stainless
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Para Ordnance .45 (the double stacked compact)
    Colt 1991 .38 Super Stainless
    Smith and Wesson Pro Series 9mm
    Colt XSE Commander .45ACP
    Colt XSE Combat Elite
    Colt 9mm Rail Gun Stainless

I still have the 1991 .38 Super, S&W Pro Series, XSE Combat Elite, 9mm Rail Gun. Last July, I sent my 9mm Rail Gun to the Colt Custom Shop and received the call that it will go to the gunsmith next week. I only had it for a few days before sending it out and vowed to just forget about it given the 18 month lead time estimate for CCS. I'm having the Tactical Package done to it and will finalize the work on Tuesday and pay for the work.

I reload several calibers including 9mm, .38 Super, .45ACP usually on a Hornady LnL Progressive press. I have reloaded other calibers such as .308, .243, .38/.357, .44 Mag, .454 Casull.

My preference based on the 1911's I've actually owned and shot is for Colt. Anyway, I work in auto manufacturing and have a quality and foundry background. When I have spare time I do some wildlife photography - usually birds in flight.

Thanks

KT

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us. Enjoy shooting!!

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to our 1911 forum.
    JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from Florida.