Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell-out by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    On the bright side, the fact they got caught with the fingers in the cookie jar has probably resulted in FAR more publicity about this ill-advised law than there ever would have been otherwise. If not for this little brouhaha, it would have just another case of "Oh, look, Illinois wants to pass another anti-gun law. Yawn."
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (2) :
    henryt (15th May 2017), Joni Lynn (14th May 2017)

Last edited by Hawkmoon; 16th May 2017 at 09:05. Reason: Fix typo

Posts liked by others
    I can not comment on this story due to lack of knowledge, but I have always wondered why any of these gun companies want to stay in hostile territory. I know it's expensive to move, but they face the enemy every day. If this story is true, I will be most disappointed in SA. Texas, the most business friendly state in the country, will welcome you with open arms. Come on down.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by myanof View Post
    I can not comment on this story due to lack of knowledge, but I have always wondered why any of these gun companies want to stay in hostile territory. I know it's expensive to move, but they face the enemy every day. If this story is true, I will be most disappointed in SA. Texas, the most business friendly state in the country, will welcome you with open arms. Come on down.
    On the other hand, High Standard is located here ..... Maybe it's better if some of those manufactures stay up in yankeeland. Besides, in 20 years, who knows what kind of (bovine fecal matter) will come out of Austin (aka Berkeley on the Colorado).
    333 - I'm only half bad.....

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn1986 View Post
    On the other hand, High Standard is located here ..... Maybe it's better if some of those manufactures stay up in yankeeland. Besides, in 20 years, who knows what kind of (bovine fecal matter) will come out of Austin (aka Berkeley on the Colorado).
    No worries, Austin is going to become a blue state with their own governor any day now. Texas will require they build a wall around the city to keep their liberal population inside the wall so they can't influence anyone on the outside. That will help them maintain their sanctuary status, and UT will be known as UT Berkley.
    Likes (1) :
    tnhawk (22nd December 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Let's cool this one off a bit, gents. We are aware that political topics inevitably lead to commentary on politicians, but name-calling is unnecessary.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by myanof View Post
    The problem is not moving the business...(machinery, and all the physical materials of the "business"). The problem lies with uprooting the employees. A company like Springfield could move to Texas and probably get a tax break if they locate to just about any Texas community. Some employees (who really make the company and they guns) perhaps a majority of them may not want to move to San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Houston, El Paso, etc.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I don't remember which founding father or political philosopher said it first, but it is normal for the capitalist to try to get the government to restrict his competitors.
    Incorrect, because that is not capitalism by its fundamentals of free exchange. Hope that helps.

Posts liked by others
    I too find this problematic. Does Rob Leatham post here? He claims it was not known. Is he a liar? I find that hard to believe also.

Posts liked by others
    This was, by virtually any accepted definition, a classic example of back-room, behind-closed-doors lobbying and manipulation of the legislative process. The honchos at Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms are certainly aware that most of their customer base are ardent supporters of the RKBA. After all, they make and sell some of the most maligned (by the gun grabbers) firearms in the world, and they sell a LOT of them. It's not surprising that they didn't send out press releases announcing what they (or their lobbyist) were working on. I doubt that Rob Leatham is a liar, but I don't find it mystifying that he wasn't in the loop on this episode. His job is to shoot things and make Springfield's guns look good. Why would they consult him over something political that they had to know should be kept top secret?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (3) :
    henryt (3rd June 2017), Joni Lynn (3rd June 2017), tnhawk (22nd December 2017)

Posts liked by others
    My question was not rhetorical, it was a question. Before somebody gets the wrong idea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast