Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell-out by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Sell-out by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms

Both companies are located in Illinois. This year Illinois is trying to enact yet more anti-gun legislation. It turns out that a firearms manufacturers' association created as a lobbying group primarily by Springfield and Rock River managed to slip in an exemption for those companies, and then took a neutral position on the legislation rather than opposing it. The legislation would be harmful to gun owners and to other small firearms manufacturers and businesses in Illinois.

It seems the Illinois State Rifle Association got wind of this and blew the whistle. All of a sudden the CEOs of SA and RRA, who are members of the board of directors of the industry group they created, are now claiming they had no idea the association had carved out an exemption and wasn't opposing the bill.

This is going to get ugly. This is going to rank right up there with Bill Ruger and the ten-round magazine limit, and Smith & Wesson signing Clinton's document.

Shame, shame, shame on Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...s-politicians/

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/s...g-act-sb1657-0
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Ouch...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I don't remember which founding father or political philosopher said it first, but it is normal for the capitalist to try to get the government to restrict his competitors.
    Likes (1) :
    condition2 (10th May 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Reminds me of the scene from Braveheart where the senior Robert the Bruce tells the son to support the rebellion from their lands in the north, while he opposes it from their lands in the south. Riding both sides of the fence to gain favor with Longshanks. Nothing new under the sun, gentlemen.

And, did anyone notice the CEO's name is Dennis Reese, while the blog post was put out by a Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager? Nepotism runs deep at SA?
    Last edited by kc2bya; 4th May 2017 at 11:35.

Posts liked by others
    Regardless of the apology I saw elsewhere from SA, there appears to have been a lot of hanky panky going on in Illinois between these companies and the politicians. I wasn't going to get suckered into another RRA anyway but now SA is going off my list of new guns to adopt. There's just way too much funny business going on.

Once it all gets sorted out it turn out that both companies are claiming they did nothing wrong.
    Here's another post to look at.
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...-carve-fiasco/
    It's hard to say right now what went on.

Also up for consideration is this:
    There are 4 people listed on IRS form 990 for the IFMA. Dennis Reese- CEO SA, Tom Reese ‎Co- chairman of the Baord at SA, Chuck Larson Co-Owner of RRA and Jay Keller.

SA and RRA are the IFMA, so just how are they going disassocate themselves from themselves?

Now of course this being the internet with all that goes with it, we just know that everything we read just has to be true .............right? I got this info elsewhere, it's not vetted in any way, proven or unproven.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 4th May 2017 at 15:25.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Lynn View Post
    Regardless of the apology I saw elsewhere from SA, there appears to have been a lot of hanky panky going on in Illinois between these companies and the politicians. ... There's just way too much funny business going on.

Once it all gets sorted out it turn out that both companies are claiming they did nothing wrong.
    Here's another post to look at.
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...-carve-fiasco/
    It's hard to say right now what went on.
    We may never know all the details, but contrary to what this blogger at BearingArms says, it sounds like they've both sworn a hatred for cookies AFTER getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Posts liked by others
    As the owner of several SA pistols and rifles, I am disappointed by their decision to go in this direction. It will likely be a long time before I consider another purchase from SA.
    Likes (1) :
    condition2 (10th May 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I find it hard to believe that either of these companies had no knowledge of what was going on, especially since they pretty much were the board of directors. I don't know what the truth is, I only know that whatever reputation they enjoyed before is now tarnished quite badly due to this fiasco.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    SA is in full damage control mode. I don't even live in Illinois and they sent me the following e-mail:

Dear HAWKMOON,

We strongly encourage you to protect your gun rights by filing a Witness Slip for SB-1657. As a resident of Illinois, this is an opportunity to have your voice heard.

Complete a Witness Slip (1)-1.png

What is a Witness Slip?

A Witness Slip is a person or group's position on a particular bill. Complete the sections of the form and make sure to indicate you are an opponent of this bill. A Witness Slip can be filed by individuals on behalf of themselves, or on behalf of organizations.

What is SB-1657?

SB-1657 would create onerous mandatory regulations, fees potentially in the thousands of dollars and excessive amounts of red tape that would almost assuredly force the closure of many firearm dealers, and prevent prospective owners from opening new ones.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) already licenses and closely monitors all federally licensed firearm dealers (FFLs) and strictly enforces any violation of federal law.

Thank you for your time in this matter and helping protect Illinois gun rights.
    Share on Facebook
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I received that email as well. I think SA & RRA have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. This just has a bad smell to it.
    - Albert Camus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast