Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Convert 10 round factory magazines to full capacity (45 ACP 14, or 9mm 18) ??

Posts liked by others

Convert 10 round factory magazines to full capacity (45 ACP 14, or 9mm 18) ??

I'm falling in love with the Para 14.45 and 18.9 LDA pistols - a couple of the guns I've purchased have come with what looks like a Para factory 10 round restricted magazine - here in Texas where we don't need the restricted magazines, I'm wondering if there are any parts I can get to convert the 10 rounders to full capacity magazines?

Would it be legal for me to sell the 10 rounders to someone in California?

THANKS!

Posts liked by others
    If your magazines are Para factory ten-rounders, they can't be converted. The standard capacity Para mags have a full-length steel magazine body. The restricted capacity versions have a steel mag body that's long enough to hold ten rounds, and then a polymer extension that makes up the length for a P12, P13, or P14.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I thought so - thanks - guess I'll hold on to it and just get some full capacity mags - thanks !

Posts liked by others
    They're fun guns, aren't they? Don't tell anyone, people who haven't fired them just dismiss them as ugly. More fun for us...

IMG_1351.JPG
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    My old boss carried a P14 back in the 90s. It was a fine pistol. I will never forget the man or the weapon.
    I got to shoot a Tac Ops yesterday. Excellent pistol!