Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Black Holsters and Belt

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Black Holsters and Belt

Attached are pics of two black m1916 holsters and a pistol belt with magazine pouch. One holster is stamped on the back "Bolen Lea. Prod. with numbers 7791466" between the belt slits. The other holster is stamped on the back "Bucheimer" in an oval with numbers "7791466" stamped below the oval. The flap on the front is stamped US in an oval.
    The pistol belt has a double magazine pouch riveted to the belt beside the buckle. There are some ink lettering inside the pouch flap that I'm unable to make out. There appears to be an outline in ink of a cartridge inside the flap. Any info on the holsters and pistol belt would be welcome. Thanks Big Coulee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    Later holsters after black adopted ca. 1956.

The cartridge stamp inside the WWI era magazine pocket the company logo of Mills. The pocket not riveted on the belt but a snap kept the pocket in position.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Doran, I attempted to unsnap the attachment on the back of the magazine pouch but could not make it budge. That is what made me think it is a rivet that holds it in place. If the belt is WWI the snap has been holding it for about 100 years so I believe I'll just leave it all in place just as it is . Do you have any idea what the WWI belt and pouch might be worth ? Thanks again for your comments. Big Coulee

Posts liked by others
    It would take some research but I don't believe the belt WWI issue. You might chk the backside of the belt for a date. The belt, magazine pocket and Boyt 44 holster have condition issues making them not worth a great amount. I would guess around $100 for all three.

The later black holsters with embossed "part" numbers might be worth around $50 ea if excellent condtion. Offhand, I would say your belt closer to the age of the black holsters than the Boyt.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Doran, I appreciate the info on the holsters and belt. I'm attempting to get values for these items because my kids who will someday inherit my military accumulation of "stuff" have been bugging me for what items might be worth. All of a sudden they seem to have taken an interest in WWII and the associated weaponry etc. I'm putting together a note book that itemizes and details each piece. The info. you have provided helps a lot. Thank you again. Big Coulee