Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Need help posting

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Icon18 Need help posting

Spyros I see by your sign you must be into Colt guns. I have a 1911 A1 Colt that I believe to be a Transition Model. I'd like to post a thread with a couple of pics and a brief description of the piece. I've tried but just seem unable to get everything lined up properly to start the thread. Could you give me a hand in getting text and pics lined up to post ? Thanks Big Coulee

Posts liked by others
    I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Are you having a problem posting pictures in the forum?

As for my avatar... well who isn't into Colts?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Coulee View Post
    Spyros I see by your sign you must be into Colt guns. I have a 1911 A1 Colt that I believe to be a Transition Model. I'd like to post a thread with a couple of pics and a brief description of the piece. I've tried but just seem unable to get everything lined up properly to start the thread. Could you give me a hand in getting text and pics lined up to post ? Thanks Big Coulee
    Hi Big Coulee!
    The FAQ has a nice writeup on how to post a picture, http://forum.m1911.org/faq.php?faq=a...ostingpictures, including information about what (free) photo storage services you can use.

Posts liked by others
    We also have a test area, where you can experiment until you get it right.

http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?85-Test-Forum
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenean View Post
    Hi Big Coulee!
    The FAQ has a nice writeup on how to post a picture, http://forum.m1911.org/faq.php?faq=a...ostingpictures, including information about what (free) photo storage services you can use.
    In addition to the information in that FAQ, note that now we do allow posting pictures directly. In the 'Quick Reply' box, below, check out the third icon from the right.

Basically, just start writing, hit the enter button twice (as you would, to change paragraph), click on the 'Insert Image' icon, then follow the instructions, and keep going.

You can also click on the Go Advanced button (bottom-right of the Quick Reply area) to have more options, like indenting text and photos, changing text alignment, etc.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 9th April 2017 at 11:49.

Posts liked by others
    Yes I'm having a problem even finding a place to start a thread. I am going up and down through each screen trying to find a place that says 'post a thread' but the only screens that come up is someone else's threads. I could also use advise on posting pictures on a thread once I get one started. Thanks Big Coulee

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Coulee View Post
    Yes I'm having a problem even finding a place to start a thread. I am going up and down through each screen trying to find a place that says 'post a thread' but the only screens that come up is someone else's threads. I could also use advise on posting pictures on a thread once I get one started. Thanks Big Coulee
    Go to this screen, here:
    http://forum.m1911.org/forum.php

Select the area suitable for your new thread, click on the subject area title (for example, 'Colt') then click on the 'Start New Thread' button, as you scroll down on the left, immediately after the red letter text.
    M. Setter