Brought home a new Metro Arms ACII in 9mm a couple days ago. This is my 4th Metro Arms purchase:
1. MAC Bobcut in 45 ACP
2. ACII in 45 ACP
3. MAC 3011 SSD in 45 ACP
Over the past 2 years since buying the Bobcut, I've put more than 25,000 rounds through these 3 guns without a single mechanical failure. So I wasn't surprised when the new 9mm ran flawlessly and hit at point of aim right out of the box. Picture with 5 bullet holes was shot at 15 yards then I moved the target out to 25 yards for 5 more rounds. These were the 1st rounds through the gun.
During the range session, I let a couple of the Range Officers inspect and shoot it. Typical comments were:
- Slide to frame fit is tight.
- Nice finish
- Nice trigger
- Smooth and easy to rack the slide.
- Soft shooting.
- Metro Arms? Never heard of them.
- You paid what?
By the time I left the ROs were on-line checking the availablity and prices for ACII in 9mm.
I'm amazed at the quality from Metro Arms for the price. In my opinion this is one of if not the best values out there.
Plans for this gun are to fit it out for USPSA single stack division.
- Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight and rear Kensight adjustable rear sight
- Dawson Precision magwell
- Ambi safety
- Cylinder and Slide hammer, sear and disconnector
- Caspian straight faced trigger
- Extended / paddle style mag release
- Wolfe main, recoil and trigger springs for tuning
Anyone have recent experience with 10 round mags for 9mm? I'm looking for recommendations.