Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Power 40 cal Practical

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hi-Power 40 cal Practical

Has anyone converted a 40 cal hipower Practical to 357 sig if so were there any problems. Any advise is appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    I bought mine from a very, very well known Hi Power gunsmith--40 cal and .357 Sig barrels interchangeable--when the original owner backed out. After a couple hundred rounds the lower lug broke off when I was shooting some of the really hot 357 Sig ammo that is available. So, I had to send the pistol back for a replacement 357 Sig barrel (the barrel maker supplied a new barrel free of charge and the gunsmith did the work at no cost other than my cost to send the pistol to him). I was told that this problem had not previously occurred in the gunsmith's experience. Maybe the problem was the hot 357 Sig ammo that I had purchased. Or, maybe the barrel had a flaw. Who knows? I haven't bothered to shoot it yet with the replacement 357 Sig barrel because I also shoot this caliber in a 1911 format.

Certainly at this time I would not buy a 357 Sig barrel just to put into a 40 cal hi power. This particular pistol I bought came with it and the 40 cal barrel setup is excellent. I think that some the hotter 40 cal ammo will get close to the ballistics of a 357 Sig.

Posts liked by others
    What ever happened to Mr Wickman anyways?
    mlgmlgmlg

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by mlg View Post
    What ever happened to Mr Wickman anyways?
    i was told that "Demon Rum" got the better of him.

Posts liked by others
    I'm new here, and I don't want to step out of line. Can I post a link to another forum?

Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Why not? If it will help the discussion!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Mr. Coffee,
    I'm glad you're here. I know you from a couple of other forums.
    Rob

Posts liked by others
    I suggest anyone with questions about the Browning Hi-Power visit highpowercollectors.com. I've owned Hi-Powers since the early 1980s, and I currently own five of them, but these guys know a million times more than I do.

http://highpowercollectors.proboards.com

Another good resource to bookmark is the Stephen A. Camp site.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com

Good luck.

Posts liked by others
    The late Stephan A. Camp was a member of this forum, as well as maintaining his own web site. He was a true gentleman. I am happy to know that his site is being maintained.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I do not think his site is maintained. Last update is from September 18th, 2011.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast