Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Hygenall Lead Off

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hygenall Lead Off

I received a nice package the other day. It contained Hygenall LeadOff wipes in a 45 count canister, 25 count individual tear open packs and Hygenall LeadOff safety soap in two 1.7 ounce pump bottles. The purpose of the product is to safely remove all traces of lead and other toxic metal dust from your skin. Also please note that Hygenall LeadOff is manufactured and sold under license from the Centers for Disease Controland Prevention (CDC) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
    I keep the 45 count canister on my reloading bench for cleanup after reloading and the individual packets in my range bag for cleanup after range sessions. With the soap bottles I also keep one in my range bag and one in my bathroom for additional cleanup after reloading and after using the wipes.
    After sorting through approximately 1000 pieces of assorted fired brass my hands were pretty dirty. Normal hand washing usually required a couple of good washings and rinsing with still signs of dirt/gunpowder residue still visible.
    This time I used the non-rinse wipes and it removed the dirt and grime without any problems, great product. I also followed up using the hand soap although it was not really necessary as the wipes did what they are intended to do, that is remove the dirt and gunpowder residue completely.
    This product will remove 99% of Lead, Cadmium, Chromium, Arsenic, Silver, Zinc, Nickel and other hazardous metals from your skin as well as dirt, grime and common germs. Basically it cleans just about everything. I plan on carrying packets in my carry-on bag while flying to insure my hands are free of any gunpowder residue before the TSA check point just in case!!
    I can honestly say that Hygenall LeadOff is a fantastic product and does what it claims, cleans all signs of dirt, grime and gunpowder residue from your skin. I highly recommend this product for anyone involved in the shooting sports.
    Check out all of the great products from Hygenall at www.hygenall.com

"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints."

Posts liked by others
    The indoor range where I shoot has been placing a bottle of a similar product called D-Lead in the rest room for people to use after shooting. One thing to be aware of -- the fine print for D-Lead says to wash with cold water. I suspect the reason for that is that cold water won't cause the pores of the skin to open, thereby reducing the amount of lead that can be absorbed through the skin during the washing operation.

For handling brass (especially when tumbling) I wear tyvek gloves from the auto parts store.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I keep a container of Wet Ones in the truck. Very handy for cleaning up going from the range and then getting a bite to eat.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by T-TAC View Post
    I keep a container of Wet Ones in the truck. Very handy for cleaning up going from the range and then getting a bite to eat.
    But Wet Ones are just conventional cleaning wipes, they aren't specific for capturing and removing lead contamination. LeadOff and D-Lead are specific for lead removal.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    I wonder if anyone has ever tried D-Lead to clean hangun barrel shot with lead bullets??

Posts liked by others
    I tried the D Lead on one of my bullet casting dies and it didn't work to take any off the spru plate

Posts liked by others
    I don't think it's intended for removing bulk lead from barrels or dies. It's for removing lead residue from your skin. It's marketed as a hand soap.

https://www.esca-tech.com/ProductDet...ductnum=4222ES
    Hawkmoon
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 10th July 2017 at 11:27.

Posts liked by others
    A gimmick using surfactants.

General lack of evidence it is any better than soap and water.
    Last edited by brickeyee; 1st August 2017 at 18:57.