Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New from NE Washington

Posts liked by others

New from NE Washington

Good afternoon, or should I say "cold" afternoon, 25 degrees and a 10 mph wind, 2 feet of frozen snow on the ground, not conducive to any amount of range time, even though my range is out my back door. 65 years old, been shooting mostly pistols now for about 10 years, figuring the ones I was shooting are the ones I want. That all changed when my friend let me shoot his 1911 a few years ago, and well, the rest is history. Sold my two other auto's, and bought a Ruger SR1911. Now, I know what everyone is talking about, they are addictive, but funds do not allow to purchase others. I love the platform, fits my hand, shoot it well, reliable, and the available after-market parts is amazing. After close to 3000 rounds thru it, I still don't have the desire to change it up any. The only "modification" performed was the Marvel dis-connector slot cut into the slide. Hated that annoying "bump" from the breech face when chambering a round. Tried several different holsters, leather, then finally went and stayed with a Daranich kydex. I joined so that I can learn, and to ask questions, and to find out as much as I can about this pistol, it took me 6 months just to get up the nerve to totally strip it down. This pistol is my EDC, have a great stiff belt to support it, no problem. Well, this is getting too long, hope to talk, and listen to you all later, the wife says it chow time.

Posts liked by others
    Good to have you aboard. Feel free to ask questions, there are several very knowledgeable people here. Good luck with the addiction!

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to our 1911 forum.
    I'm by no means an expert but in the last 36/37 years I managed to acquire some experience with many handguns so now I'd be glad to share what I've learned.
    This is one of my favourite gun forums among the several I belong to; I'm sure you'll like it too.
    Shoot safe.
    Be well.
    Sergio
    Before you start collecting 1911s ... buy books! Collect "quality" not something that you'll be forever making excuses for, and buy the gun not the story behind it.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome aboard! The cookies are in the back.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    ncviking (7th March 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the club!
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the welcome folks, and I do have a few questions to ask, however I will be asking them in the appropriate forum.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from south Texas.
    " I'm your huckelberry".

Posts liked by others
    Welcome! I didn't get into 1911's until I bought an RIA last July. I found a lot of information in forum posts here so I encourage you to look around. But like Dave says don't hesitate to ask a question. Lots of people around here are happy to share their knowledge. I know I've gotten quite a bit of good advice/info here.