Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A gentleman on another forum says

Posts liked by others

A gentleman on another forum says

Israeli surplus HPs were made by FN any corroboration to this? I, personally, have never seen anything in print saying this statement but, I'm not too old to learn.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    No evidence of FN contributing to Kareen production. More likely FEG or Arcus, leaning to FEG. Israel occaisionally sells captured FN's and non-FN HiPower type pistols from various sources, so there is such a thing as Israel sourced FN surplus ... but likely assembled outside of Israel, not part of their domestic production.

Posts liked by others
    Mark75H, what proof could you provide of this? Or where could I find proof of this, please? I've checked the web thoroughly both ways.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    The majority of the past Israeli surplus HP's were FN produced and obtained by Israel by whatever source at their disposal. Israel has long been silent on weapons procurement but many FEG and Kareen pistols as well as a ton of Star Model B 9mm were surplused.
    i believe the arms importers did not stop in Israel but acquired weapons all over the mid East and Africa. I have both Israeli marked HP's and a Star B also a South African Army marked Star B all of which CDI sold over recent years.

Posts liked by others
    IBmikey, so if mine is stamped Kareen, it isn't a true FN but, perhaps a FEG? Sorry but, I do't understand the Kareen conection? Who are they? Arms producer or middle men?
    Steve
    Last edited by S.B.; 20th February 2017 at 10:39.

Posts liked by others
    Kareen is Israeli domestic production. Parts may have been produced outside of Israel prior to assembly. Like the trip to the center of a Tootsie Pop ... the world will never know.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 20th February 2017 at 18:06.

Posts liked by others
    What Mark said, I believe they made the parts internally and kept their FEG and FN pistols going with them also. There is not much known about how Israel armed itself in earlier years. At one time they must have been issuing eight or ten different pistols to Gov. agencies and military. At that time they were also feeding them with multiple calibers of ammo.
    Last edited by Ibmikey; 20th February 2017 at 16:25.

Posts liked by others
    Here is an Israeli HP MK ll 1/2 that I bought at a gun show and completely restored. Just waiting for night sights to arrive.... It is like NEW and shoots as good as it looks! It was only carried and seldom shot. I have also replaced the thumb safety with an FEG type.

Israeli 1.jpgIsraeli 2.jpgIsraeli 7.JPGIsraeli 5.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "GIVE ME A FAST SHIP, AND I WILL SAIL IN HARMS WAY" JOHN PAUL JONES USN
    Last edited by John Holbrook; 21st February 2017 at 13:59.

Posts liked by others
    Here is what makes it a MK ll 1/2. A MK ll slide on a MK lll frame.

Israeli 8.JPGIsraeli 9.JPG
    "GIVE ME A FAST SHIP, AND I WILL SAIL IN HARMS WAY" JOHN PAUL JONES USN
    Last edited by John Holbrook; 21st February 2017 at 14:08.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks John, that adds to my confusion.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast