Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock won't cycle Winchester 9mm ammo.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Follow up...now reloading for 9mm and the gun continues to function great with my reloads. Very happy with this pistol now.
    Likes (1) :
    timbermart (2nd July 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Good, it's too easy to under-appreciate a boringly reliable gun..!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer606 View Post
    Follow up...now reloading for 9mm and the gun continues to function great with my reloads. Very happy with this pistol now.
    Thanks for the fllow up post.

Posts liked by others
    Just in case someone else comes
    across this thread, the gun was new and a little tight. When I was experimenting with lighter loads for bullseye I could make this happen. Be glad it was tight enough to have issues and not so loose it would cycle anything. As it wears in it should get better, a 1911 was not originally designed to shoot such a light load.

Posts liked by others
    I have the RIA .22TCM/9MM HC. My first pistol had a problem with light strikes and striking off center on the primer. Sent it back, got a brand new pistol in about
    3 weeks. The new pistol eats anything I put in it. WWB, ARX Winchester USA Forged, you name it, it shoots it!
    It is my main carry weapon.
    Blackie

Posts liked by others
    I am a fan on a new pistol to lube really good and shoot hot factory ammo for at least 300 rounds. My new Rock 45 magically started working flawless at about the 300 round count. I can put anything in it now. If it will have a problem it will be with Win white box. If it runs that good it will probably feed anything.
    Ron

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer606 View Post
    I'm thinking extractor since the empty casing is only about 3/4 of the way out of the chamber with another round kind of pinching it in place. It's almost if it hasn't had enough time to clear the breach before another round is try to load. I'm going to try and call Armscor tomorrow and see what they say although I don't like the idea of having to send it back again.
    Beemer,
    Send it back with instructions that you want a different pistol. I had a problem with my .22TCM/9MM with light pin strikes and off center breech. They send me a new
    pistol. RIA are not hard to work with.
    Blackie

Posts liked by others
    No need to send back now as it is working fine. One exception though...it absolutely will not even load flat nose bullets. It will not strip them from the magazine. My Sig and Ruger pistols have no problem with this ammo but the RIA 1911 won't have anything to do with it. My .45 cal 1911 doesn't like flat nose ammo either. I'm thinking the 1911 wasn't designed for flat nose bullets. Anyone else have this issue?

Posts liked by others
    The 1911 was developed to shoot the round nosed ball ammo. That was what was specified, or it could be that JMB just found it worked better with the hard ball and advised the Government that was the ammo to use.
    Any History Buffs out there know how that came about? Did he build the pistol around that round? Or the other way around?
    Interesting Question. It may have been round nosed Lead Bullets way back then, Who Knows?
    GOTTA CLEAN EM & KEEP ON SHOOTIN

Posts liked by others
    Well the .45 Auto cartridge was introduced in 1905, and it had a round nose when it did. And the first gun made to fire it (introduced at the same time) was a Colt, designed by JMB.

But we also know that the M1911, as we know it, was being developed from at least that time onwards. So it's not really a 'Chicken Vs Egg' situation, they were both developed together.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast