Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Introduction and a couple of 1911 questions

Posts liked by others

Introduction and a couple of 1911 questions

Hello to all of my fellow gun owners and patriots. My name is James Parker and I live in Alabama. I worked in the engineering/construction field for 45 years and retired about 3 years ago. I started building custom flintlock rifles since in my early 20's as a hobby. I had built a number of rifles over the years and decided when I retired to become a full time builder and general gunsmith. My retirement has been great and I am able to stay busy building my custom rifles.

Thanks Jim Parker
    Likes (1) :
    woolieworm (22nd December 2016)

Last edited by bamajim31; 22nd December 2016 at 15:05.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from south Texas.
    " I'm your huckelberry".

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum. Are you building the flintlocks from scratch or taking kits and modifying them? Either way it sounds like an interesting hobby. Feel free to ask questions, there are several very knowledgeable people here.

Posts liked by others
    Dave I pretty much build from scratch. I do not make the barrels or locks but I make all of the other parts. Thanks for the welcome.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome Sir!

I built and shot muzzleloaders competetively back in the '80's. I was with a group of "purists," and wound up "progressing" to flintlocks for the last several years.

Congrats on your retirement, and being able to go full time with your passion!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick
    http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
    IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to our 1911 forum.
    Happy New Year!
    Sergio
    Before you start collecting 1911s .... buy books! Don't collect something that you'll be forever making excuses for, be careful not to get drawn to a piece that is not original, and buy the gun not the story.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome! Flintlocks huh? Sounds like fun. I've seen some kits at one of the local Mom & Pop shops. I think I'd like to build one of those instead of buying a black power gun from the big chain stores. Years ago my ex Uncle was in to black powder guns. I think he was in some national black power organization (and I think Charlton Heston may have been in the same group?). It was about the same time the Mountain Men movie came out. Unfortunately my Uncle divorced my Aunt so I never got to shoot any of his black power rifles.

Maybe one of these days I'll check into those kits.

Posts liked by others
    I started building Flintlocks when I was 20 years old and I will be 65 in June so you might say that I have a Flintlock building addiction.