Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Returning after 10 years with Israeli 9mm Bul Ultra X

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Returning after 10 years with Israeli 9mm Bul Ultra X

Hi all,
    It's been a while since I visited this forum.
    10 years ago, I had a 9mm Colt Combat Commander.
    The gun laws in Israel are very strict and most of people can't have any gun at all, those few who can are limited to 1 pistol only. Back then, for some reasons I had to cell my 1911, but I made a promise to myself, I'll be back...
    So now I have a Glock 19. Due to the fact I became a member of IPSC club, after 3 years of membership and participation in competitions, I got a permit to buy another pistol. The permit limited me to 9x19 caliber only.
    After some search, I found this pistol, lightly used.
    This is a almost-subcompact version of Bul M-5. It has 3.14" (80mm) full ramp bul barrel, polymer body, bushingless upper, lowered and flared ejection port, large beavertail with memory bump, full length guide rod with double recoil spring, meprolight tritium 3-dot sights and no firing pin safety.
    It uses 12-rounds double stack mags or full-sized 18 round mags.
    Shot it today at IDPA practice. Very nice trigger.

I added ambi thumb safety (I'm lefty), put new slide stop.
    Now, the plan is to shoot thru it at least 500 rounds (160 so far) and find a proper holster.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (1) :
    woolieworm (10th December 2016)

Last edited by spy; 9th December 2016 at 13:41. Reason: attached picture upside down

Posts liked by others
    That is a great looking 9mm. The grip safety is interesting. Does the safety overlap the grips?

Posts liked by others
    The both, grip safety and thumb safety go to the cuts in the grip. Foror the installation of ambi thumb safety, a small slit must be cut in the right side of the grip to accomodate the limiter. The cut for the grip safety is standart for all bul M-5.

20161210_072132-1.jpg
    Last edited by spy; 9th December 2016 at 23:33. Reason: Picture added

Posts liked by others
    Welcome back/

That is a very interesting pistol. I'm always fascinated by 1911 variants that aren't available in the United States.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Kimber marketed that gun for a few years.
    I had one in .45. Very accurate. Totally unreliable.
    I think Kimber couldn't even get the .45 version to run. They finally gave up and dropped it.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome back Spy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I'm always fascinated by 1911 variants that aren't available in the United States.
    A version of this gun (with Kimber's firing pin safety) was sold in the US as the Kimber Ultra Ten II. The full-sized version was called Kimber Ten II, 'Ten' being a reference to the fact it came with a 10-round magazine. Some reference books stated 10 rounds of .45 Auto was the natural capacity of its magazines (making it a shoe-in during the AWBan) but post-ban guns came with 13-round magazines... go figure.

The rear sight on Spy's pistol will look familiar to owners of old, pre-II series Kimbers — and current 1911s of another maker. Wink-wink.

9mm full-sized pistols with the BUL name can be seen in IPSC ranges in my corner of the world (Greece). If memory serves, they can use Para magazines.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Yes, I heard about the unreability issue with 45 cal models. Not with the 9mm ones. Anyway, this is my secondary pisgol, mostly for fun. The working tool is G19

Posts liked by others
    Well welcome back. Like your gun, shoot it in good health.
    " I'm your huckelberry".