Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIA Ultra CCO

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

RIA Ultra CCO

I saw this model on the website and I think this is a good idea. Their product #51857.
    It has an officer size grip frame (aluminum) and a commander length slide. Smaller grip means better for concealed carry with a little longer sight radius. Whats not to like?
    Since I am not familiar with all the iterations of the 1911, does anybody else offer this as a production pistol? Seems like an obvious solution so I may be way behind here and some of you have been shooting these for years.
    It seems like whenever RIA comes out with something I would like it is a long time before they make it to dealers shelves so if options are there I would like to know.

Thanks for any help.

Posts liked by others
    I didn't know Rock Island offered anything with an alloy frame. Ivan has been holding out on us!
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Hawk, call Ivan and ask, please!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    It appears that they are cataloging a couple of models with aluminum frames. At least in the Rock series. I think there was an earlier thread about them introducing lightweight frames but they were unsure when they would start arriving in stores. Using a couple of search engines produces no results for for an RIA CCO.

Posts liked by others
    Here's the link: http://armscor.com/firearms/rock-series/rock-ultra-cco/

Looks interesting. There are some errors on the web page, though. The narrative says the trigger pull is 4 to 6 pounds but, if you do the math on the metric numbers in the specs, it converts to 3 to 4 pounds. The narrative says the barrel is 5 inches. And the specs say the magazine capacity is 8 rounds, which is impossible for an Officers size magazine.

I could like that package. For me, carrying in the 4:00 o'clock position, the butt is a bigger issue when driving than barrel length.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I noticed the differences. Well except for the trigger pull. I didn't do the math on that. The description below it says it has a 4.25" barrel but the 8 round capacity was throwing me. I sometimes carry an officers model and 7 is the best I can do in the magazine.

The grip length was what really hooked me. I can make up the barrel length. Hopefully they will be shipping these soon.

Posts liked by others
    I got two hits based on the UPC code.

Posts liked by others
    I haven't had the same luck. But maybe it's just a matter of time before they start showing up.

Posts liked by others
    If you are interested in a CCO size take a look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact. I have one in 9mm, LW Officer frame, 4" slide/barrel. I am pretty sure they offer the same thing in .45ACP also. I also have a Colt Compact(Officers) frame that I put a Commander slide and barrel on, I call it my Red Neck CCO. It is a great little pistol, runs without a hitch but it is not a LW frame, it is steel and a bit heavier than my SA Range Officer Comp. They are out there and I am a fan...I can hide the longer barrels but the grip is a bit more difficult. Keep shootin'

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. That answers my other question about anybody else having a similar setup. Are there differences in frame size that would preclude swapping out a commander slide to an officers frame? That seems like such an easy answer to duplicate your "Red Neck CCO". In other words, could I buy a midsize frame and barrel for my CS rock and do the same thing? Or are there dimensional differences that would not make it possible. I am not really worried about the weight (within reason of course). But a LW frame would be better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast