Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: New barrel bushing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    21st September 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Posts liked by others
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by uca View Post
    I can understand guns parts like barrels, slides and frames...but parts that are not under some license regulation why cant they be shipped outside us?
    As you can understand Im very jealous of all the things you are able to buy for good money...
    I'm in Greece, sir... trust me, you're not jealous of me... but I know what you mean!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

  2. #12
    Join Date
    25th September 2011
    Posts
    578
    Posts liked by others
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    I'm in Greece, sir... trust me, you're not jealous of me... but I know what you mean!
    Yes, but Greece has Tsipouro. How can a surplus of handgun parts make up for not having Tsipouro? I believe the export issue has a lot to do with US regulations and ITAR taxes regardless of firearm part.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    30th September 2016
    Posts
    7
    Posts liked by others
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenean View Post
    Yes, but Greece has Tsipouro. How can a surplus of handgun parts make up for not having Tsipouro? I believe the export issue has a lot to do with US regulations and ITAR taxes regardless of firearm part.
    hehe....good point

    EGW has no offshore office either...
    Is it only the companys in US that have this shipping regulation? If I find a person that can buy this bushing in US and send it to me is that a crime?

    ps. Brownells in Sweden are working on a permit from the State Department to be able to get more parts from US. If my lucky star will shine on me "maybe" I got a busing this year...
    Last edited by uca; 9th November 2016 at 01:24.


  4. #14
    Join Date
    25th September 2011
    Posts
    578
    Posts liked by others
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by uca View Post
    hehe....good point

    EGW has no offshore office either...
    Is it only the companys in US that have this shipping regulation? If I find a person that can buy this bushing in US and send it to me is that a crime?

    ps. Brownells in Sweden are working on a permit from the State Department to be able to get more parts from US. If my lucky star will shine on me "maybe" I got a busing this year...
    I am not a lawyer but conclude that the US would view sending a single part as exporting. Exporting without having a license would expose one to rather severe consequences.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    30th September 2016
    Posts
    7
    Posts liked by others
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenean View Post
    I am not a lawyer but conclude that the US would view sending a single part as exporting. Exporting without having a license would expose one to rather severe consequences.
    True, true...Ill just have to wait

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Sinclair or Police Store, please use their banners above. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.
-->

Non-gun-related supporters.
Thank you for visiting our supporters.