Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm or .38 Super Gold Cup?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

9mm or .38 Super Gold Cup?

If I've missed something by sleeping under a rock I apologize, but when the heck is Colt ever going to come out with a Gold Cup in 9mm or .38 Super???? I'd love to have one in 9 or .38 to compliment my .45ACP 70 series Gold Cup. Just because John Browning originally designed the 1911 for .45 ACP doesn't make it a Holy Relic. There are already lots of 1911's in 9mm and .38 so why not a Gold Cup too?
    Last edited by kc2bya; 6th October 2016 at 00:07.

Posts liked by others
    Technically, they have. The Elite IX and the Super Elite Gold Cups. But that was in the 1980s and they did not make many of them. Resale prices are high.
    The Special Combat Government .38 is about the closest thing they make now.

Posts liked by others
    Looks nice, but do you think they're worth the additional $800 on the MSRP over a Gold Cup? Especially with the Competition Pistol under $1,000. About the only thing my old 70 series Gold Cup lacks to make it near perfect is an ambi safety. Got a trigger I've never found to be better on any other gun, and it shoots better than I do lol.

Posts liked by others
    Stay calm, and wait: don't forget, with the exception of the 3" Defender, Colt didn't make 9mm-ANYTHING until as recently as two years ago... they did turn out several .38 Super models, but mostly in catalogs.

Things have now changed dramatically. Give them some time.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I am also hoping they may do a 9mm Gold Cup to go with the 9mm Competition and 9mm LW Commander recently announced. In recent years they announced there was going to be a Talo/Colt 9mm GCNM in 2013 which was delayed till 2014 and then never happened. Another thought is bring back the Delta Gold Cup.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Yeah, stay calm, lol. "I WANT, I WANT!!" My greatest concern is the quality of the trigger, and barrel specs. I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles to make a great gun. Any adjustable sight is going to be good, as long as it doesn't move under recoil. Standard blued finish is fine with me. Grips can be changed out till the cows come home. But a clean, crisp trigger with adjustable over-travel is a MUST, and a quality barrel that wasn't cut with a twist drill in a black & decker hand drill and locks up well with the slide is an absolute requirement.

Posts liked by others
    I am waiting.....sounds good to me!!!
    "The great object is that every man be armed..."
    Patrick Henry, June 5, 1778

NRA Patron Life Member
    USCG Veteran

Posts liked by others
    Do notice the Colt Competition Pistol in 38 Super which is now listed.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/...etition-Pistol

Not a Gold Cup but maybe hope there will be even more 38 Supers.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
    Do notice the Colt Competition Pistol in 38 Super which is now listed.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/...etition-Pistol

Not a Gold Cup but maybe hope there will be even more 38 Supers.
    New development. I've been seriously considering the 9mm version, since I'm already set up to reload 9's. Would much rather have the Gold Cup to match my .45ACP but this is looking like a good alternative. Also looking into the Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. Anyone have any experience with either?

Posts liked by others
    I have 5 inch ROs in 45 and 9mm. They are a pretty good value for the money. The 9mm has a ramped barrel. Both have ILS in the MSH but getting rid of that would just mean switching out the MSH, main spring, etc. for a normal one. I have thought about a second barrel for the 9mm in 38 Super down the road.

Not a Gold Cup, but not bad.
    NRA Life Member
    Likes (1) :
    kc2bya (11th November 2016)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast