Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Next question on CheckMate 7rnd hybrid lip mags.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Next question on CheckMate 7rnd hybrid lip mags.

I would like to replace the springs in my 7 rnd. welded base, hybrid lip mags.with dimpled followers. These are for use in my commander sized pistols.......what is the best option? ....Checkmate(which ones?) or Wolff(again which ones?) Wolff 11#?????maybe...?
    Thanks for all your help guys.....
    JIM
    Last edited by Jim Bellino; 10th September 2016 at 14:47.

Posts liked by others
    Are your dimpled followers the GI style ones or Checkmate's design?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Are your dimpled followers the GI style ones or Checkmate's design?
    Spyros......GI style.........purchased here in group buy in 2007/8 from CheckMate.
    JIM
    Last edited by Jim Bellino; 11th September 2016 at 12:55.

Posts liked by others
    11# Wolff springs in my Checkmate 7-rounders with hybrid lips and dimpled followers run like a top in my Commander and Government models.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by texagun View Post
    11# Wolff springs in my Checkmate 7-rounders with hybrid lips and dimpled followers ...
    That's what I'd do to.

Unless it is a specific part only available from CheckMate, I'd avoid ordering anything directly from them and get my parts/mags from one of the fine retailers that offer those parts.
    Likes (1) :
    1911end (14th September 2016)