Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Installing wolf mag springs issues

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Installing wolf mag springs issues

Hello everyone.

Well im having problems installing some mag springs in my P13 magazines. I bought some Wolf 10% extra power mag springs I cut one down to same height as originall mag spring , it didnt work when last round left slide wouldnt lock open . installed spring without cutting it . could only get 11--12 rounds in the 13 round mag but slide locks open after last round .
    I want my full 13 rounds in mag and the slide too lock after last round . i have gone thru all 3 springs trying too get this right.
    i ordered a 10 pack of springs so i can work them till i get it right but thay cost a lot and i hate wasting springs by cutting them up

any suggestions????

Posts liked by others
    I have also replaced the original springs with Wolf extra power springs. Cutting the springs is necessary and making sure that the cut edges are honed so that there are no sharp edges to catch on the housing is important. The new springs are stiff and you will probably need to use a loader to fit the last round in to the magazine. Then let the loaded mag. sit for a few days before trying them helps to set the springs. You are right that some exploration in needed to find the right length. It would be nice if Wolf would provide a precise length to go by.

Posts liked by others
    Are you sure you ordered the correct springs? Wolff makes P13 mag springs that shouldn't require any cutting. Here's the link:
    https://www.gunsprings.com/PARA-ORDN...1/mID48/dID194
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Are you sure you ordered the correct springs? Wolff makes P13 mag springs that shouldn't require any cutting. Here's the link:
    https://www.gunsprings.com/PARA-ORDN...1/mID48/dID194
    Hello there

yes same springs 76974 10pk