Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my new loadmaster

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tom c View Post
    I'll give you that one but the priming issue has gotten worse. 1 smashed primer in 10 rds. When the primer seat head comes to the top of the stroke it is aproximately 30ths off center. Loosening the case retainer at that station is not consistent.
    If you haven't already done so, I would also encourage you to register on the Lee Loadmaster Forum site and post your problem there. I have a fuzzy recollection from a few months ago that members of the Loadmaster forum were reporting that Lee had a batch of Loadmaster turrets that didn't have the holes for the dies drilled and tapped properly, so cases couldn't align properly when moving from one station to the next. If a new primer arm doesn't solve your issue, I would look at the turret next.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Good info there. It seems you cant have to much info on this press

Posts liked by others
    i took the primer ram arm off the press and dressed the edge that contacts the bottom of the primer piston. It seems to have helped. I ran about 30 rds thru it and no issues other than the other tuning items. its running a little rough and takes a bit of effort but that may be normal. I have nothing to compare except you tube videos were the operation is very smooth. it would seem that the lee loadmaster has a deep kinship with a 1911. both require hand fitting and tuning.

has any one tried to sleeve the piston hole. anything to tighten up the whole piston action which causes the pin to mislocate. the primer feed assembly does little to quide the pin to its proper place. if any of you have access to a lathe I will draw up the sleeve in cad. its go to be better than whats going on now.

Posts liked by others
    I have replaced the primer feed assembly and it solved my problems. If you go to Mike's reloading bench site you will fine all the information to make the loadmaster work.

Posts liked by others
    I use the Lyman Crusher for depriming and precision rifle work. I use the Lyman Tmag for everything else. Both have on board priming systems. I never thought much about using the press to prime. I always preferred to use a hand primer tool. Today I use the RCBS UNIVERSAL tool. No more shell plates and always perfect results. I can feel how deep the primer sets and if one happens to come off the tray bad, I feel the resistance long before I trash the primer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12