Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Para CCW LDA

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I haven't taken the gun apart yet for an exact measurement after reading some horror stories about taking down an LDA pistol - I looked at the gun again just now and I'd guess that it's a 4 1\4" barrel, so it must be the CCW Carry Option - it does have CCW on the slide - thanks.

Posts liked by others
    I haven't taken the gun apart yet for an exact measurement after reading some horror stories about taking down an LDA pistol - I looked at the gun again a bit closer just now and I'd guess that it's a 4 1\4" barrel, so it must be the CCW Carry Option - it does have CCW on the slide.

Looking o the Numerich site for parts availability, I saw a long list of Para models (see below), but nothing like what I have - any ideas if any of the listed models match up with my gun?

C6 LDA
    C7 LDA
    C7 LDA Companion
    CSX8
    DCX745
    DX745
    GI45
    LTC
    Miscellaneous
    P10
    P12
    P13
    P14
    P16
    P18
    P189
    P9
    PCX745
    PDA
    PRX745
    PX745
    RX745
    TTR - Tactical Target Rifle
    TX745
    Warthog

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by texas yankee View Post
    Looking o the Numerich site for parts availability, I saw a long list of Para models (see below), but nothing like what I have - any ideas if any of the listed models match up with my gun?
    None of the above. I'm 99.73% certain that what you have is the CCW Carry Option, model CCWX745S.

Your pistol didn't come with a factory box? The model number should be on a bar code label on the factory case.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I didn't get a box with the gun - bought it at a LGS out of the consignment case - just the gun and a magazine.

Posts liked by others
    I found this in the 2009 ParaUSA catalog:

Does this look like your pistol?
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Instead of just "CCW", my gun has "Para CCW"

Posts liked by others
    And yours was made in Canada, by Para-Ordnance. The 2009 catalog is from ParaUSA. Rollmarks change from year to year.

I believe your pistol is a CCWX745S. If you choose to keep looking for some other model to call it, I can't help you beyond what I've already dug up.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for your help. DO ya have any suggestions as to where I can get parts for this gun? Any gunsmiths you've used that do well with LDA 1911s?

Posts liked by others
    Remington killed off ParaUSA and sold ALL remaining parts to Numrich and Sarco. Those are, as far as I know, the only sources for any Para parts at this time.

I don't know of any gunsmiths who work on the LDAs. They are quite different internally than standard 1911s and most gunsmiths don't want anything to do with them.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    If you're looking for any LDA-specific parts, to have on hand if something goes wrong in the future, I'd hazard a guess that the LDA-specific internals are the same, between LDA models. So you could simply pick parts listed for another LDA model, if this is what you want. Other parts (springs, etc) may be Para-specific, if for example your gun came with one of those replaceable recoil spring assemblies.

I'm not aware of any LDA parts that need frequent replacement or that are prone to breakages, perhaps others, more familiar with the innards of these guns will know better.

All I know with any certainty is that a shorty Para LDA I fired a few months ago, was one of the sweetest shooting 1911s I've ever laid my mitts on.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast